Virtual Terminals

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Have the virtual terminals and all the changes that were supposed to happen started yet? I realize the boards have changed, but since they still haven't updated the maps on the drivers web, we are still doing what we've always done. I have no clue where one board ends and another begins. It's irritating!

Dreammaker

Seasoned Expediter
If you go to board position on the owner's web page and then click on board maps, it will give you a map of the U.S. In the upper right hand corner is a pull down menu of states. Click on the state you are in and it will show where you are located and the nearest virtual terminals. If you place your cursor over one of the virtual terminals, it will impose a circle over that virtual terminal. It looks like they are 120 mile circles - sixty miles in all directions from the terminal.

bdmj989900

Seasoned Expediter
The maps on the owner site have been there for a while. And for the boards thats about a joke now. A couple weeks ago i droped in Vegas and showed #6 outa LA. Then got a empty move to LA for 11.00. Well i waited and 3 hrs and got a load to LA. I dont think they go by board position anymore. I think its who is closer to the load. I have been number 1 with a avg of 6 for almost 2 days and about a half dozen trucks left before i got a load. I'm still doing the same as before. Its still working for me. Minus all the reduced rate loads. Thats getting irritating!

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Dreammaker, that may be the case on the owners web, but the drivers web has not been updated. The old maps /boards are still showing :mad:

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
I just called Sean and asked him to look into it you guys should be able to see the V/T on the drivers web. Its hard to use a program if you can't see it.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Scuba. I also contacted Linda who spoke to Frank, it's suppose to be fixed today. We will see. I just know it's driving me nuts LOL I don't like not knowing.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It would be nice if they fixed the maps. They were made aware of the problem weeks ago and did nothing. I will keep my fingers crossed.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We're on a load so we can't tell if it's been fixed or not Can you make a post if it has been please.:)

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had to laugh when I got the qc today about the website. I am amazed they do not consider the maps any more important than they do.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Ok, I've run out of ideas. I can't seem to get anyone at Panther to take this seriously. I've sent a message to the Driver Council Rep as well.
How can we make informed decisions without having access to the "new and improved" system! :mad:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Forget about terminals. They are as goofy now as when the idea came up. Go where the freight is and forget about board position, first outs, or any of the other terminal items.
They are coming out with a new web site August 10th for the customers. May be of use to the driver? Not sure and haven't seen it.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Well I guess that's what we're doing because we can't see anything. We empty out and usually just go to the closest truck stop. We are not accepting suggested repositions, or empty moves because first off, they don't pay enough, and second there doesn't seem to be any logical reason to do so. The whole thing is irritating and frustrating!

bdmj989900

Seasoned Expediter
I hope they thought about this new website more than they thought about the "Virtual Terminals". If not we could be in trouble. :eek:

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Yea, the Virtual Terminals needs alot of help. Not enough of them, and last week was the worst week our trucks has ever since moving from FedEx Custom Critical last Sept. The1st outs don't mean anything when they offer them out like candy. I hope things get better because a few of our teams want to go back to FedEx Custom Critcal. I like Panther because the stress level has went down for me. I hope they work all the bugs out before we start losing people.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I thought F.O.'s were only given for dry runs and minis.
They are. But with these new, uber-huge ≈11,310 square mile boards (pi r²), we see a lot more First Outs than we used to, so it might seem they are given out like candy. Dispatch still goes out 50 miles from the shipper, so board position doesn't much matter, anyway. Not with these boards.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Bruno can you expand on that statement? I thought F.O.'s were only given for dry runs and minis.

They offered one of our teams a 1st out if they would cover a 629 miles load. I'm going to have Sean pull the call because this shouldn't be happening for 629 mile load. It's wrong and not fare to other drivers and owners.

Dreammaker

Seasoned Expediter
Ok, I've run out of ideas. I can't seem to get anyone at Panther to take this seriously. I've sent a message to the Driver Council Rep as well.
How can we make informed decisions without having access to the "new and improved" system! :mad:

If you have gps, set it to the city that is the center of the virtual terminal. When gps says you are within 60 miles of the city center of the virtual terminal, you will be in that terminal's radius. Don't need access to the maps to make that work. There are some vt's that overlap each other but only barely. Good luck.