Virtual Terminal Map?

RoadDawgg

Expert Expediter
How do you find it on the driver's website? TJ pulled it up on the owner's site, and said it could be accessed via the driver one too.

Also, the online counts of trucks on boards...where did they put it?

What vital bits o' knowledge am I forgetting?

Thanks!
Christopher

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
1st you cannot get to it if you are under a load dont know why just panther way of doing things
log in ,go to driver info look under board position you will see board maps its blue letters right hand corner. Click on that city and it puts a dark circle around IT i expect that to be a 100 mile radius but i could be wrong on that .
As far as how many trucks are in your area [your board] only. if you need to know about other areas you have to call and ask and most of the time they give you a lame excuse as to why they cant see them .
Most of the time i ask how many trucks are in the area im going to when i call to accept load and how many are coming in when i get there, that way ive got an idea what to expect when i reach a certain stop. Hope this helps

Last edited:

RoadDawgg

Expert Expediter
Yuo, that's it. I thought you had to be logged in to get to it.

The link also doesn't appear if you're O/S. At least that's my theory.

I don't think that's a 100 mile radius. Downtown Indy is only 80 miles from the Illinois border on I70. I'm thinking the dark circle is the 50 mile.

Dispatch won't tell you how many trucks are avail in an area? They used to last time I drove, round abouts 3-4 years ago. I was hoping they would, as I have a choice to make tonight with a whole whomping 20 miles difference from where I am to 2 killer boards. I said that badly. It would only cost me 20 more miles to get to one great board as opposed to the other board.

Thanks!
Christopher

mattw

Seasoned Expediter
Dispatch won't tell you how many trucks are avail in an area?
Christopher

I always ask how many trucks are in the area I'm going into. Dispatch always tells me the availible trucks and how many are inbound. I just talk to them like I'm talking to a good friend I haven't seen in a while.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a choice to make tonight with a whole whomping 20 miles difference from where I am to 2 killer boards. I said that badly. It would only cost me 20 more miles to get to one great board as opposed to the other board.
Why not stay put? Generally it is the closest truck to the shipper that gets the load not the closest truck to the center of some imaginary board.