verizon

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
How does this new cellphone system stack up to AT&T One Rate? Also has Sprint PCS Free & Clear upgraded their system to compare with AT&T? I'll probably start service with one of the 3 in the next month or so. Are there any improvements to nationwide pagers or can you do without them?
Thanks folks. Need advice Good Bad & Ugly.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
http://www.expeditersonline.com/dcforum/User_files/38f6ab916b891a19.jpg
Lawrence McCord

Ok, this subject is one of favs. As an AT & T wireless user - I have to say I am very happy with their service. They seem to be the only company that truly has nationwide, roam-free service. Verizon and Sprint offer nationwide, roam-free service as well, but only if you are on their network when you make a call. If you are not on their network, your call does not go through or your charged a fee.

Also, AT&T will be offering FREE wireless internet in the next few months. With Sprint you pay 35 cents per minute.

Lawrence McCord
Expediters Online.Com

Sam and Jr.

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Well we have not had very good service from AT&T wireless. They yanked our service with no notice because we roamed too much. We were very intent on making sure we were in their service area when we made calls that were not emergency or necesary but we still were out of % on roaming. We would like to know of any service that would be suited for the trucking lifestyle. Also who want customers. AT&T gave us suggestions of other services, so they do not want our business.

cj

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Love AT&T Wireless--We only roam, never had a problem. Heard they were going to pull contracts if you didn't live in their service area though. Had it for almost 2 years and nothing has happened yet. Occassional bad areas but will get that with any cell. Completely happy.

ACE

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I use AT&T one rate I roam most of the time and, I think their service is great. I have been with them for over 2 years, they get better each year.