Verizon Free Streaming App

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
For any Verizon users in a data crunch or just want to watch something for free, you may like this. I only found out about this from an email a few months back. So in case you missed it or didn't know here it is.

go90-mobile TV network App is free for Verizon users. Stream original series, live sports and more.

Some shows are better then others, but there is enough content to find something you might like. And it's free to stream so you can't beat that price. I was a little hesitant that it really was free, but it is. No data usage, although your phone may say otherwise as it still keeps track. At least my iphone 5C does, I think :rolleyes:

Now back to another episode of MythBusters, enjoy :)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's really free. Mostly. There are 'Big Picture' strings even if there aren't any individual 'little picture' strings.

Just something to be aware of. Read this article, including most of the comments.
http://lifehacker.com/verizons-go90-service-doesnt-count-against-data-caps-m-1757395430

Also, early on in that article you'll see a link to a different article on Net Neutrality. I highly recommend reading that one, as well.

Because of preferential sponsored content, this fictional graphic shows the very real absurd possibilities.

povu7ohehfu91h4w0jwj.JPG

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That article lost me at Net neutrality o_O
Made some interesting points but....
I have it, I'm sure not going to boycott it ;)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Net Neutrality is simply the idea that a data packet is a data packet, and the content of that packet should be irrelevant to the Internet Provider. It shouldn't matter if the 500mb you are downloading is a zipped program file, a lot of EO Web pages you're reading, Pat Boone or Metallica, a YouTube video or Bombay Badonkadonks, none of those packets should be delivered on a preferential basis based on content, or worse, the payment of content providers to Internet Providers to prioritize their content and to in effect cripple the content of those who cannot afford to pay.

If you get certain video content for free, as in no data charges, because the content had been paid for by a sponsor, then of course you are more likely to view the free content versus having your data eaten up other video providers. That's a no brainer.

But that puts every content provider who can't afford to pay for prioritized content at a distinct and sometimes significant disadvantage. If you want to start a new video service to compete with Netflix, YouTube and Hulu, or even want to post the occasional video to your Web site, you're SOL unless you're drowning in money.

Without Net Neutrality, cable and phone companies could carve the Internet into fast and slow lanes. An ISP could slow down its competitors' content or block political opinions it disagreed with (which is exactly what Comcast did). ISPs could charge extra fees to the few content companies that could afford to pay for preferential treatment, relegating everyone else to a slower tier of service. This would destroy the open Internet.

Net Neutrality is crucial for small business owners, startups and entrepreneurs, who rely on the open Internet to launch their businesses, create a market, advertise their products and services, and distribute products to customers. We need the open Internet to foster job growth, competition and innovation. We also need it for free speech.

No company should be able to interfere with this open marketplace. ISPs are by definition the gatekeepers to the Internet, and without Net Neutrality, they would seize every possible opportunity to profit from that gatekeeper control. Just like they've been trying to do ever since the FCC ruled that Net Neutrality is a thing.

Dozens of lawsuits and millions of dollars have been spent in lobbying Congress (and greasing the palms of senators and congressmen) to facilitate sneaky legislation that will undermine Net Neutrality.

Just a few months ago the FCC ruled, based on Title II of the Communications Act, just the same as the phone company can't decide who you can and cannot call, to ban throttling, blocking and paid prioritization for Internet providers.

The "no data charges if you use theeeese video providers" is an early sneaky way around the rules, which is left uncontrolled will result in a complete disappearance of Net Neutrality. It's illegal to charge someone extra for using a credit card, but it's not illegal to give them a discount for using cash. That's what the phone companies are trying to get away with regarding bandwidth usage.

I'm not suggesting, even a little bit, that anyone should boycott Go90 or any other sponsored prioritized content. I'm merely suggesting that it's something to be keenly aware of, so you can recognize the "creep" that's to come. That way you'll understand what the heck happened when you suddenly realize that you Internet provider has more control than you do over which websites you visit and what you watch or listen to online. ;)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
For any Verizon users in a data crunch or just want to watch something for free, you may like this. I only found out about this from an email a few months back. So in case you missed it or didn't know here it is.

go90-mobile TV network App is free for Verizon users. Stream original series, live sports and more.

Some shows are better then others, but there is enough content to find something you might like. And it's free to stream so you can't beat that price. I was a little hesitant that it really was free, but it is. No data usage, although your phone may say otherwise as it still keeps track. At least my iphone 5C does, I think :rolleyes:

Now back to another episode of MythBusters, enjoy :)
did you apply for the 5% employee discount.....just walk into a company store and show them a copy of your paycheck with Load 1 letterhead...bam 5% off DATA charge

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
20160613103537_5_dds1612adu001_5.jpg

the reviews arent too bad on this model....if you do a lot of phone watching....

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I've got Verizon, but with At&t buying DirecTV, I'm thinking of bundling phone and TV. Just thinking about it, hate and don't won't to leave Verizon.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
did you apply for the 5% employee discount.....just walk into a company store and show them a copy of your paycheck with Load 1 letterhead...bam 5% off DATA charge

No, I didn't see anything about it on their website. But if that's all it takes, I'll have to check it out.