danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
mmm just went on a little tire research for my sprinter:cool:

245/75/r16 michelin ltx m/s2
tirerack $182.00
costco $202.00
belltire $222.00
discounttire $224.00

now discounttire has matched the price of tirerack as of 2pm today and should have the tires by no later than mon....:D

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm sure it could change in the interim but when I checked that same tire with the Fedex discount last month our cost on it was $147. I'm sure there will be another $25-30 per tire installation. The interesting part is the Fedex dealer for them is Discount Tire.

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
Try the uniroyal liberator from walmart. I'm on my 4th set and got 111,000 out of the last one and they are made by michelin.

Not bad for a 50,000 mile tire.

jrcase

Seasoned Expediter
I am looking at the Bridgestone Duravis R250 for front and R500 on rear. They are not cheap but they went over 200k on a friends van. Plus they look like semi tires *grin*

Trailblazer

Expert Expediter
Check with Ford. Very Competitive. I just replaced my original Hankook tires at 201,000.

Hankook LT245/75/R16

$653.99 out the door, Mounting, Balancing, Tax included.

You can't go wrong.

Jim

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Always get several quotes and then go to Discount Tire. They will usually go below your lowest quote. Even if your lowest quote is an off brand tire, they'll go even lower in price with a name brand tire.

Case in point, I just bought new tires (LT 225/75/16 E-Series)for this Frankenstien E150/E250 Van I bought. Got 5 different quotes from places around here in the Ft Worth area. (NTB-Cowser-Harts-A&A-etc) Quotes were in the high $600-low $700 range for Goodyears, Michelins, Firestones, etc. Cowser quoted me $534 for some of those Geo-Trac Chinese knock-off crap. That was the lowest quote I got.

Went to Discount Tire, showed the Manager himself all my quotes, and he sold me a set of Dunlops for $509.24, all warranties and lifetime rotate and balance included.

Tire Prices have gotten stupid here in the last few months. Doesn't hurt to shop around, if you have time, to save what $$$ you can. Know what I mean.