Van o/o expediter advice

Trucker Duke

New Recruit
Driver
US Coast Guard
Good morning ALL:

I need some advice. I've expedited in the past via Straight Truck, solo... That was a few years ago and I've been dying to get back out there. I have 3 opportunities at this time. One, drive for a fleet owner. Two, getting recruited by a large company as a company driver, and Three, doing a lease purchase through a fleet owner.

Now, I'm 40 y/o, public safety background, all licenses and certifications are expired, and I've been out of work for a few years no. I can't use my CDL-B locally due to extensive back issues / surgeries / blah blah blah...

I'm torn on what to do. I know this is a tough market and vans are exploding out there and I don't want to team. Small quarters and I like my peace and quite.

What do y'all think??? Any advice would be wonderful.

Thank you all very much and drive safe out there!

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
drive for a small fleet company to get back in the game preferably a non CDL truck

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Or file for SSD. Social Security Disability. You’re a former cop so you’ve paid your dues to the rigorous physical encounter you endured.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
Drive for an owner for at least a year before you purchase a van. Many people want to do van expedite.....until they find out what it all entails.

Reactions: Turtle

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
how are you at sales, work for one sale there services

Trucker Duke

New Recruit
Driver
US Coast Guard
Thank you all for your thoughts! I'm actually in communication with a couple owners out there for straight trucks. Fingers crossed.....