Van hotshot load prices drop.

MissJay

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Is it the companies I'm running for or is the sprinter cargo van hot shot loads hit rock bottomm I can't even get $1.00 per mile for 300 loaded miles anymore and I'm taking TN, KY, IN area. Anyone got an idea whats going on or it it just on my end?

Thx!

MissJay

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Too many vans.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
Well I got that part. Too many vans not enough loads. Just not sure if it's just me that's feeling it across my pockets or is anyone else having the same experience. Thanks for the reply.

expediteisawesome

Rookie Expediter
Retired Expediter
It could be the companies that you are running for and this time of year tends to be slower. You should start to see things pick back up in the middle of March till the end of the year. January and February were the slowest for smaller companies and owner operators. You should be getting at least 350-450 for 300 miles with a cargo van. If you ever need any help, reach out to me via message. I have some connects in the industry.

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is it the companies I'm running for or is the sprinter cargo van hot shot loads hit rock bottomm I can't even get $1.00 per mile for 300 loaded miles anymore and I'm taking TN, KY, IN area. Anyone got an idea whats going on or it it just on my end?
Where are you guys contracting at? I've been out about a year and a half, was working with big carriers.....I haven't seen rates as such for years.

expediteisawesome

Rookie Expediter
Retired Expediter
You'll make way more money with a good (smaller) carrier. They tend to be more lenient when it comes to how many hours you've driven and if you're a good driver, they tend to reward you with great loads. I have been in the business for many years and the rates you're mentioning seem to be quite low. DM me if you need any more assistance.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
The above comments are still the same conversations I was hearing back in 2009 and 2010,,,nothing has changed much....its the same old stories..but you most likely will not hear anything new....I bet 40 cents a mile is still being done,imho