Van Expediting time windows

3pete33

New Recruit
Researching
How do cargo vans time windows work?
I've been told 1,000-15 hours and
1,000-30 hours?
The first seems impossible to average 75 mph for the entire run!

I've driven straights doing hotshots but not for years.

Any thoughts appreciated.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Be nice.....
Yeah ....Lol ..ok
The Windows in my Van are Power Windows , they go up and down ..
Oh , wait is this on Hours of Service, Van's under 10,000 lbs Don't operate under DOT logbooks then ...
Or is this a question on How much time allowed to complete the Load ..? Well that depends on Carrier and/or Dispatcher and most run under the 45 or 50 mph average on loaded miles .
Of Course Any Carrier/Dispatcher/ Driver would not drive Over 750 miles without proper sleep/Resttime unless there are Brain Stupid on Safety...
Ok , time to get back to the Game ..

sent from my Recliner..

• Haha
Reactions: Solar and RoadTime

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Our carrier uses 50 mph, sometimes they leave out time to actually get loaded. Most of the time there is no time aloud for figuring out the route, stowing away stuff and getting under way. Before accepting the load 50 mph is quick to figure. So one can determine if it is really deliver direct!

Reactions: ntimevan

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When I ran, back in the olden days, reputable carriers calculated 45 minutes to load and 45mph for straights/tractors and 50mph for vans. So if the delivery was 500 miles away a van would have 10:45 from pickup time to delivery time. Big trucks would have just under 12 hours.

Reactions: NorthernBill

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
45 mph start to finish ...
Doesn't matter if it takes 20 min to load or 2 hrs; clock starts when loaded.

Been that way for every expedited load I've handled.
If anyone gets an opportunity to look at load details directly from the source or on the board you'd see the proof. I'd say 99% of the ones I've seen state 45 mph. Anybody that's running faster is attempting to win business on speed and imo doing so unnecessarily. It's all the same freight. Anybody getting paid a bonus to deliver early?