van class

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
With all the people that came up to me after the workshop in knoxsville,tn i think we still need a basic van class at the expediter expo or at least put together a booklet of basic infomation and hand out both atvthe workshops and expo.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The van session Jenny and Nick did a couple of years ago was packed and overflowing and needed twice the amount of time it had. I suspect it would be extremely well attended and appreciated.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
I would lead the next van class if....if there was a afternoon slot bcause that 8am class sucked and yet it was still packed with people out in the hallway.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
would this class be for existing vanners?.......for all the whining we do with carriers putting new vans on and all the yellow guys out there...now you want to teach them how to get what little loads there are, in an already over crowded market?..with low rates.....you kidding me?....heck with that crap...:(

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
would this class be for existing vanners?.......for all the whining we do with carriers putting new vans on and all the yellow guys out there...now you want to teach them how to get what little loads there are, in an already over crowded market?..with low rates.....you kidding me?....heck with that crap...:(

The Herd needs a cullin'... we don't need any vocational training to create more competition...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I dunno. The one I sat through was pretty direct and pretty graphic about waiting for long periods of time, long walks to the bathroom, often low net pay and lots of other truths about vanning. It may deter as many or more than it encourages. But at least they all have their glasses a clearer shade.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Its the fact that you can get more infomation or trainning on a strait truck than a van that worrys me....i mean its the people that think that the door sticker says 9900gvw means that they can haul that much.....and they should know better.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I dunno. The one I sat through was pretty direct and pretty graphic about waiting for long periods of time, long walks to the bathroom, often low net pay and lots of other truths about vanning. It may deter as many or more than it encourages. But at least they all have their glasses a clearer shade.

That part I can see....tell the hard truth....not the pretty version either that is the recruiters job...we can tell them the horror stories that carriers just won't say.....Like have 10 of them stand up and say...look around because this time next year 9 of you will NOT be here....that is the failure rate....

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
That part I can see....tell the hard truth....not the pretty version either that is the recruiters job...we can tell them the horror stories that carriers just won't say.....Like have 10 of them stand up and say...look around because this time next year 9 of you will NOT be here....that is the failure rate....

I think it's worse than that... Nine of you won't be here in 3 months. None of you will be here next year...

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think it's worse than that.... None of you will be here next year...

I'm still here and almost done with my 2nd year, but I never did attend the class, lol. What did they say about the 3rd year? I'm getting homesick here.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
There is an opinion out there, a man in a van is a lot happier if he is drawing a retirement plan while driving a van. Now he is truly a recreational driver...........

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
There is an opinion out there, a man in a van is a lot happier if he is drawing a retirement plan while driving a van. Now he is truly a recreational driver...........

yeah sometimes I think that is an untruth....a guy with a pension after constant sitting begins to ask himself...Why in the Sam Bells am I out here!!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Probably true when faced with both sides. I was recently talking with a local guy at home. He was getting all interested in what I do. I could see that sparkle in his eyes as his brain was getting excited over the idea. Then I told him some of the negative sides to expect. The sparkle was gone and ended with him saying. "Maybe that's not such a great idea for me" :rolleyes:

flattop40

Expert Expediter
I keep moving up the food chain and have never attended any class or meeting. What does that say? I know, "ignorance is bliss."

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I made it through ten minutes of the van class once. I have a short attention span.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123