Van barely turning on

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I agree, your battery could be a little weak possibly but doesn't sound that unusual.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sounds pretty normal to me also. Mine does that sometimes, mostly when its hot out. Battery could be a little weak as xiggi said. I'm probably close to needing a new battery myself. Talked to my mechanic about it, didn't really have an answer, other then he sees a lot more issues as the temperature increases :confused2:

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sounds better than mine...once your deep cycles are in, there's many ways to hook em up but I always include the ability to have them all connected for cranking (never had a winter no start, -44 even)

The delay in firing is probably it calling the EPA for permission to idle:D

Last edited:

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's for a buddy of mine, I told him it could be the battery he took it to the mechanic and he said it could be bad diesel so he changed out the fuel filter and drained the diesel. Now it happens every once in a while otherwise it's a smooth start.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you have only one battery and its Diesel, check its cranking and cold cranking amps. Its best to have as close to 1000 CCA as possible. Also a second battery helps. Group 31 batteries are usually beefier as well. if you have or opt for dual batteries replace or install them both at the same time and ALWAYS CONNECT THEM PARALLEL!!!
red to red, to starter black to black to ground. 12 volts.