Big Truck Used Truck Inspections/Warr

TimesAreAChanging

New Recruit
Researching
Having just completed accepting an offer on my home through a Realtor got me wondering if you can have an inspection done on a used truck for sale. If you can, how would you go about it? What would it consist of? What would the costs be? Can you buy a Used truck warranty like you can on a car?

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
You can take it to the trucks local dealer. Tell them what you are looking to do and they can hook it up to the computer and visually inspect it. It's probably going to be at least 2-3 hours of labor. But you can find out a lot

TimesAreAChanging

New Recruit
Researching
You can take it to the trucks local dealer. Tell them what you are looking to do and they can hook it up to the computer and visually inspect it. It's probably going to be at least 2-3 hours of labor. But you can find out a lot

Sounds like about a $500 insurance policy to cover any ignorance and emotions a newbie may have at purchase time. I will put that in my estimate budget. I am looking at paying 25k cash tops for a truck and having about 10k set aside for emergencies. It either works or it doesn't, If the money goes, I walk away from the table. Thank You Tobster.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
how many miles are on unit, you may be able to get a use warranty thru bank you may use
also check paper work on unit if they have should be ok, if they don't walk away from it