Urine testing VS. Hair testing

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
While I don't agree with any drug use or abuse, I don't agree with anyone sharing medical info on anyone to anyone. I also don't agree with anymore regulations in this country until we find a way to get regulations under control. Most new regulations are a step towards another regulation..
Is this regulation going to start at the top also, since drug abuse is in the executive level also.
What about dispatch, a bad decision by office personnel can be just as deadly. Lord knows I can't afford to buy a bag of weed but every executive out here in the industry can run sheet up his nose without risk of being tested/ detected.
Once again safety dept across the country are trying to justify their jobs.
Once again we/you wanna make a regulation against 1 class of people. Why not for all drivers? If its really a safety issue the states should be testing your daughter when she turns 16 and applies for a drivers license. Then thru the freedom of information act, (because you agreed to a new reg) I can find nearly all the information I want on your family.
Now what happens when you test positive for weed because your neighbor, aunt, uncle, brother and sister or even your own kids have medical marijuana cards?
What happens when I just snorted a line of crack on the dining room table @ the Big Boy and you come in behind me and adsorb what residue I left behind?
We don't need anymore regs.. What we need are people paying attention to what's around them.

Reactions: MNMS

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sounds like more bogus over regulation to me. I already have to renew my medical cert for my CDL A every 11 months. My high blood pressure is under control with medication but instead of every 2 years I have to get certified every year.

But wait. Now there is some rediculous new regulation where my new medical certification has to be filed with the state at least 30 days prior to expiration. It's not good enough to carry a medical card with you anymore. You need to file it with your state so they can enter it into a federal database. So now I have to get certified every 11 months.

And bogus special interest groups interested only in profit trying to force sleep apnea studies on drivers. If your body mass is over a certain point you are at risk. These regulations add unnecessary costs and burdens for no benefit and need to be nipped in the bud before they start or rolled back entirely if they already exist.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
"....For example, Psychemedics, a leading hair testing laboratory, estimates that 85 percent of the drug users identified by its hair testing process would be missed by a urinalysis, the Alliance said in a news release...."

I think it's about substituting the testing procedures for more accurate results.

85 percent inaccuracy? We're pretty much surrounded by the stoned drivers, Lol...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I say stick with testing urine. I've got plenty of urine to donate to the medical community. I consider hair a precious commodity. I can't afford to be giving it away.

Reactions: FlyingVan