Unreal!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Tigers were down 6-0 in the bottom of the 9th to the White Socks. Detroit would go on to score 6 in the ninth and win the game 7-6 in 12. I would sure hate to be those who left that game early! AND THE CROWD GOES NUTS!!!! :cool:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It has been 66 years since a Detroit Tigers team came back from 6 runs down i the ninth inning to win a game. It was a treat to listen to .

"That was unbelievable," said Don Kelly, who scored the winning run in the 12th on Omar Infante's infield single. "I can't remember anything six runs down, obviously. We've had some comebacks, but to be able to put up six and win it in extras, that was fun."

In fact, unless they were at Briggs Stadium to watch Vic Wertz, George Kell and Hoot Evers beat up on the Washington Senators on Aug. 22, 1947, nobody had seen it.

No Tigers team in 66 years had come back from a six-run deficit in the ninth inning to win a game. This year's team erased a three-run gap in the ninth last month against Oakland, capped by a three-run walkoff homer from Hunter, but that was a warmup compared to this."

MLB.com Gameday | tigers.com: Gameday

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Enjoy the rush.
The Lions play today. Back to reality.

Tigers play again today too, back to reality! :cool: I wonder who they are playing? :confused: LOL!! OH YEAH, the White Socks again! :D The Tigers "magic number" is down to two. I doubt the Socks can catch them.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, but the Tigers could not pull off a second last inning come back. Magic number still at two.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Now he's talking like Obama ! :{)

No, I spoke the truth, not Obama. It is a fact. IF the Lions are playing, I don't know I have not looked at the schedule, regardless of who they may be playing, they will, without a doubt, win or lose. It will be, again without a doubt, "Any given Sunday".

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Just yankin your chain cause I know you're sitting.
I'm pretty sure they play DA BEARS.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just yankin your chain cause I know you're sitting.
I'm pretty sure they play DA BEARS.

Don't have a chain, other than on my boat anchor. I am ALWAYS sitting when on this forum. Can't run a keyboard while standing. Why would you want to yank my anchor chain? What is a "Da Bear"?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Detroit's Burleson broke his arm in two places when he had a single vehicle accident last night..
He was sober, dropped a piece of pizza, hit the center wall.
News conference later today.