Universal Mailbox App for Androd OS

MYGIA

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I recently completed the OS update on my Motorola Droid Razr and with the new updates (Called Ice Cream Sandwich), the Universal Mailbox Widget is gone. I have verified with Motorola that it has definitely been eliminated. I asked them if they could recommend a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] party App and they said that is against their policy to do so. Does anyone know of a good 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] party app that manages multiple e-mail accounts and texts all in one location as the Universal Mailbox use to do?

MYGIA

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
This has been a tough one to search out. Last evening I received a reply on another forum specific to the Motoraola Droid Smartphone. It was suggested I look at the App called Maildroid. I hope to get to that later today. Thought I would post what I found out in case anyone else who read this might be looking also.

Last edited:

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is one area where the Android system falls short. An update to ICS on a Galaxy Note also lost some stuff, and it just shouldn't be like that. And for the amount of time it takes for each specific device to have the update added, the excuse that the software runs on multiple devices just doesn't hold water.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
This might not help you, but what I've been doing is forwarding all my accounts to one account. From that point I don't need a super powerful mail app, because the mail app only has to deal with one account.

eb

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
This might not help you, but what I've been doing is forwarding all my accounts to one account. From that point I don't need a super powerful mail app, because the mail app only has to deal with one account.

eb
Exactly. I forward all mine to Gmail, and it's all handled there. Actually, Gmail goes out and gets it, it's not actually forwarded.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Exactly. I forward all mine to Gmail, and it's all handled there. Actually, Gmail goes out and gets it, it's not actually forwarded.

My problem is i need to reply from different addresses depending on what the email is about. Guess ill have to do some looking before updating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

twentyhigh

Seasoned Expediter
From Gmail, you can choose which of your accounts you want to respond from. In the "from" field, there is a drop down with all the account names.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Correct. In the Gmail Settings, Accounts and Import, down in the "Send mail as" section, you can set up all the various addresses you need. You can set a default, and they will all be available in the "From" drop-down menu when composing mail.

From the "Check mail from other accounts (using POP3)" section, you specify which e-mail accounts from which Gmail will automatically retrieve mail.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
In my case, I set up my individual accounts to forward to gmail, so gmail wouldn't have to go-get. But it's a preference thing and the options are all right there.

eb