Undersized? Yeah right!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
The new Seahawks QB was unveiled tonight, in the 3rd preseason game vs the KC Chiefs. This was definitely Russell Wilson's night, as the 5'10ish QB went 10 for 15 for 139 yds. Out of 5 possessions for the rookie, he led them down the field for scores all 5 times, with two TD passes.

Unfortunately, I'm in the truck, and cannot watch the game. LOL But I'm catching the play-by-play on nfl.com, and I can't believe how exciting this kid is!

Watch for him in a Superbowl near you. ;)

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
He actually went into the 3rd quarter, and bolstered his stats. The team responds to him, getting a 25 yd TD run, a 75 yd interception return for a TD, and a 92 yd punt return for a TD.

Damm, these are exciting times to be a Hawks fan! :D

muttly

Veteran Expediter
I saw him play at Wisconsin. He transferred from NC state and played one year. He played great for them. He could run and pass with great efficiency. NFL considered him a bit undersize, but looks like it isn't affecting him . Just wondering how you became a Seahawks fan?

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I saw him play at Wisconsin. He transferred from NC state and played one year. He played great for them. He could run and pass with great efficiency. NFL considered him a bit undersize, but looks like it isn't affecting him . Just wondering how you became a Seahawks fan?

Been one since '80. Helped that my aunt moved out there, and sent me back a Jim Zorn jersey and a helmet.

Wilson has the ability to find his own passing lanes, so his height isn't an issue... kinda like Drew Brees. He only had 4 balls batted down in Wisc. I still don't know how he made it to the 3rd round. Just damm!

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Been one since '80. Helped that my aunt moved out there, and sent me back a Jim Zorn jersey and a helmet.

Wilson has the ability to find his own passing lanes, so his height isn't an issue... kinda like Drew Brees. He only had 4 balls batted down in Wisc. I still don't know how he made it to the 3rd round. Just damm!

Yes it was a good pick. Might be a quarterback controversy with all the money they gave Flynn. I guess it's better though to have two good quarterbacks than none.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Yes it was a good pick. Might be a quarterback controversy with all the money they gave Flynn. I guess it's better though to have two good quarterbacks than none.

Oh yeah, two is better. Not worried about the Flynn money tho. Pete has made it clear that won't be an issue for deciding who starts. It just sux about Flynn, who did nothing to lose the job. Wilson is just head and shoulders better.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Haven't seen the kid. Looking good in preseason and looking good in Jan are two different things.
Enjoy your bliss,just a little early to book rooms for the superbowl.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
The Superbowl comment was because our defense and running game is so good. Having someone who can do more than manage a game at QB is so refreshing.

I know it's a big difference. That's what is gonna make this season so great to watch. We (Hawk fans) know the pieces are there... just do it.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
It's cool to watch a team you're excited about.
I was hospitalized in 84. The two doctors working on me were flying to the Superbowl and said they'd release me when they returned Monday.
A quick HELL NO ! from me got the release started. Got to watch the Bears win from the comfort of my own home.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
That's a cool story. I take it you're a Bears fan then?

Well, that performance was good enough for Pete Carroll. Wilson has been named our starter. He is going to be hell to gameplan for!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Just an update, since I just remembered this thread.

Russell went beyond everybody's expectations, except maybe his own. My thoughts on the Hawks goiing to the Superbowl were almost prophetic, altho not for faulting Russell, it was our defense that failed. Regardless, he almost single-handedly beat the Falcons to get us to the NFC championship. This past Sunday, he threw for nearly 100 yds and 3 TDs, in his one quarter of play in the pro bowl.

The man is astounding! It's a good day to be a Seahawks fan!

muttly

Veteran Expediter
He is a very good quarterback RIGHT NOW. He should get even better in the years to come. His scrambling ability has been compared by some football commentators to Fran Tarkington. He makes smart decisions when passing and is very accurate. Surprised he was passed over until the third round. I saw him play at Wisconsin and in one year he played great. I'll trade you Stafford for him. :D

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
He is a very good quarterback RIGHT NOW. He should get even better in the years to come. His scrambling ability has been compared by some football commentators to Fran Tarkington. He makes smart decisions when passing and is very accurate. Surprised he was passed over until the third round. I saw him play at Wisconsin and in one year he played great. I'll trade you Stafford for him. :D

John Schneider, our GM, swore we would not leave the draft without him. Rumor has it he wanted to use our 2nd rounder on him, and Pete told him Russell would be there in the 3rd. I know it's totally stupid to be so emotionally entrenched into something as meaningless as football, but as a fan, I feel like the Hawks were blessed to get him. He is that much of a superstar already.