Canada Ultra Low Sulpher Diesel

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
Does anyone know if USLD is available in Canada? I could not find any in Manitoba or Saskatchewan when I was there. I was told it was not available in Canada. Unfortunately people are always willing to tell you what they know even when they know nothing.

I think I spelled sulfur wrong haha. No wait, that is the Canadian spelling.

Last edited:

Planner

Seasoned Expediter
My understanding is that since 2006 the ULSD diesel is all that available in Canada. In other words Low Sulfer diesel is not available... only the 15ppm product.

Regards, Bill

Shah786

Seasoned Expediter
Does anyone know if USLD is available in Canada? I could not find any in Manitoba or Saskatchewan when I was there. I was told it was not available in Canada. Unfortunately people are always willing to tell you what they know even when they know nothing.

2008 is marked to be the change over for ultra low sulpher content in diesel. As it stands (if I am correct) farm fuel contains 5000ppm, highway fuel or LSD (low sulpher diesel conatins 500ppm and the new fuel mandate ULSD will contain 15ppm. The 500ppm will replace farm fuel and the 5000ppm will go away.

ESSO only carries ultra low sulpher diesel sunoco calls it gold diesel and thats also ultra low sulpher diesel in my freight liner.I am not allowed to use any thing other then ultra low sulpher diesel Esso switched over in 2005 so that was the only choice i had but now i see Sunoco with gold diesel so i can fuel up at either of them.
I am in Ontario so i can only answer for Ontario not sure about other provinces.but i doubt that these companies will offer this product only in one province and not the others cause All companies will have to switch over to UL SD in Canada by(don't remember the exact date)and no other choice will be available through out Canada but UL SD.

deadice

Seasoned Expediter

I think I spelled sulfur wrong haha. No wait, that is the Canadian spelling.

Petro-Canada in Ontario has ULSD for certain, I fueled up the other day.

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
All diesel fuel in Ontario is ULSD. Even the regular stuff from Sunoco is as well the gold is their big additive type like shells ultra diesel. Some motors run better on gold and ultra. My old truck sounded better running gold but made no difference to mileage. Current truck it makes no difference at all. A buddies duramax did perform better on Gold.

Since beginning of 2007 all diesel sold for road use is supposed to be ULSD so all the name brand stations carry it whether regular diesel or the Gold/Ultra types.

Rob