ugly side

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
...i feel like its more comparable to working at mcdonald's from what i’ve researched so far
Please continue with your research. You may find that McDonalds pays at least minimum hourly wage, uniforms and other benefits for full-time employees. Employees are free to go home after their shift. Employee discounts for meals while working along with the added benefits of grease for one's skin and intestinal cleansing.

Reactions: Solar and dalscott

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
i’m sure there are some exceptions, but the reality is you probably wont be able to afford a mortgage expediting unless your on the road 48 weeks a years driving 16 hours a day

Wow.
Wow what? That's the most accurate post I've read all day

The reality is you have expediters driving for X per mi and expediters driving for X + 25%
Same freight, same miles .....
Mind boggling as it is, that's the reality.

Reactions: brokcanadian

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
i’m sure there are some exceptions, but the reality is you probably wont be able to afford a mortgage expediting unless your on the road 48 weeks a years driving 16 hours a day

Wow.
Wow what? That's the most accurate post I've read all day

The reality is you have expediters driving for X per mi and expediters driving for X + 25%
Same freight, same miles .....
Mind boggling as it is, that's the reality.

I personally think the difference is even greater .... but let's leave it at that.

Reactions: scottm4211

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
...i feel like its more comparable to working at mcdonald's from what i’ve researched so far
Please continue with your research. You may find that McDonalds pays at least minimum hourly wage, uniforms and other benefits for full-time employees. Employees are free to go home after their shift. Employee discounts for meals while working along with the added benefits of grease for one's skin and intestinal cleansing.

Cali just increased their minimum wage to 12 bucks an hour. I work 12 hours a week and now make 24 more dollars a week. In the next three years, minimum wage will be up to 15 dollars an hour. I might transition into a job at a gas station 3 days a week 6 hours a day and then be making 1200 a month, plus I am on free government health insurance. Not by choice either. They automatically force you into the Medicaid insurance when you make under 25k a year. You can't even opt into the regular Obamacare plans. Luckily, my county actually adds money to the Medicaid so that doctors get paid more along the lines of what Medicare pays, so I have access to pretty decent docs. No one takes straight Medicaid out here. So 1200 a month for food and rent and a used car paid for in cash with free medical. Maybe I will have to skip driving in the van all together lol.

Right now my job pays me for 12 hours of service per week and with efficient cleaning, I am getting the work done in 10 hours a week with no customer complaints. I get to effectively pocket 24 dollars a week, which basically pays me for the time I spend driving to the different job sites. I never have to clock in, I never see my boss. All I have to do is show up at my job sites any time after 5 PM and clean them properly. I never miss a day and never not do my job. I only missed that month because of my Gallbladder going out so bad my kidney function was down in the 30's and I felt like I was going to keil over on the job. I don't work low hours to het free healthcare. It's all I can do with my chronic leg pain. Any more than that and I can't guarantee the quality of my work as I would not be able to complete the jobs. My work is hard and entails a lot of heavy lifting and mopping large areas. I think we should all get together and get into the janitor industry instead of expediting. You can have a few small contracts and easily make 30k after expenses and not even have to work a 40 hour work week.

Cleaning is even better than expedite. You work in different locations each night. You clean alone when the buildings are closed. You come to work whenever you want. Sometimes I go in before five to get out earlier. You don't have any co-workers if you are only cleaning smaller buildings which actually pay more money than cleaning big buildings. Work is steady as everyone needs to have a clean facility. You get to go home every night! If you get extra contracts, you can hire a few guys to cover them and then eventually run the business from an office and lay back and do easier work. All not possible in a van. Last month I applied and almost got a job working for the school district with 19 an hour starting, full medical, and pension. I just can't stand up for 8 hours a day 5 days a week. So I had to stand down.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Cali just increased their minimum wage to 12 bucks an hour. I work 12 hours a week and now make 24 more dollars a week. In the next three years, minimum wage will be up to 15 dollars an hour. I might transition into a job at a gas station 3 days a week 6 hours a day and then be making 1200 a month, plus I am on free government health insurance. Not by choice either. They automatically force you into the Medicaid insurance when you make under 25k a year. You can't even opt into the regular Obamacare plans. Luckily, my county actually adds money to the Medicaid so that doctors get paid more along the lines of what Medicare pays, so I have access to pretty decent docs. No one takes straight Medicaid out here. So 1200 a month for food and rent and a used car paid for in cash with free medical. Maybe I will have to skip driving in the van all together lol.

Right now my job pays me for 12 hours of service per week and with efficient cleaning, I am getting the work done in 10 hours a week with no customer complaints. I get to effectively pocket 24 dollars a week, which basically pays me for the time I spend driving to the different job sites. I never have to clock in, I never see my boss. All I have to do is show up at my job sites any time after 5 PM and clean them properly. I never miss a day and never not do my job. I only missed that month because of my Gallbladder going out so bad my kidney function was down in the 30's and I felt like I was going to keil over on the job. I don't work low hours to het free healthcare. It's all I can do with my chronic leg pain. Any more than that and I can't guarantee the quality of my work as I would not be able to complete the jobs. My work is hard and entails a lot of heavy lifting and mopping large areas. I think we should all get together and get into the janitor industry instead of expediting. You can have a few small contracts and easily make 30k after expenses and not even have to work a 40 hour work week.

Cleaning is even better than expedite. You work in different locations each night. You clean alone when the buildings are closed. You come to work whenever you want. Sometimes I go in before five to get out earlier. You don't have any co-workers if you are only cleaning smaller buildings which actually pay more money than cleaning big buildings. Work is steady as everyone needs to have a clean facility. You get to go home every night! If you get extra contracts, you can hire a few guys to cover them and then eventually run the business from an office and lay back and do easier work. All not possible in a van. Last month I applied and almost got a job working for the school district with 19 an hour starting, full medical, and pension. I just can't stand up for 8 hours a day 5 days a week. So I had to stand down.

Awesome blizzard! Glad things are improving for ya. Keep it up bro!