UD dpf problem

Roobie

Active Expediter
Mechanic
Have 09 ud 1400 with hino engine JO5D-TF first came in had dpf code p2002 sent dpf out they had to rebuild it new temp sensors and new diff pressure sensor. At that time had flash code 94.after I finally figured out how to clear code sent it out came back 3 days later this time flash code 92. anybody have access to manual with these codes.

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
This is the best I could come up with, my UD info is limited. The flash codes are almost identical. I would inspect the temp sensor connections closely on the harness side for broken wires. If possible load test the wires from the ECU to the sensor. It could be a software issue as well. Your kina boned as UD support is minimal at best.

Attachments

• p2002.pdf
    315.1 KB · Views: 14

Roobie

Active Expediter
Mechanic
Thank you for the info. I am assuming it as computer issue wont allow a forced regen for longer than 2 sec not sure what inj rate is suppose to be appears to hit 25mm//3 and stops the process

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
Is there soot in the tailpipe? You said the rebuilt the DPR. Did they clean it?

Roobie

Active Expediter
Mechanic
Yes it was rebuilt. When they took it apart said it was all busted up. So I don't know exactly what was done the way I understand it a new one was 6K and nobody wanted to hear that so it was supposedly "rebuilt" from miscellaneous parts they had laying around. This is what I know now. In the beginning I didn't have reliable info using 3 different computers and none were reliable. I could not clear codes or regen. So I was reviewing my personal Autel and it covers all these light duty trucks mitsu,isuzu,ud hino etc. hooked it up was able to clear codes get info. so it came back and extracted the following clogged flag of differential sensor ON alarming level flag for clogging ON. Freeze frame data
dtc p2002
engine coolant temp 188f
engine revolution 1945 rpm
injection quantity 50.96 mm/3st
final accel position 57 %
vehicle speed 44.74mph
diagnostic monitor code 92
common rail pressure 26182.21 psi
So when I run diff pressure test bounces between 3.0- 5.1psi spec is 3.3 psi. Also this truck has 5 wires hang down by the dlc plug I know the labeled with the E works will flash codes the dpf label one doesn't do any thing only 4.2 volts coming thru supposedly if this grounded for 5 to 10 sec should have cleared the codes So I haven't figured out if its not regening or screwed rebuild on the dpf unit or if the ECM is toast.

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
I have never heard of re-building a DPR, and would not suggest it. Spec for the JO5 DPR back pressure is 16kpa or 2.32PSI not 3.3 You are technically already out of spec, and I question any re-building of a dpr. You state the DPR pressure sensor was already replaced so I'm assuming that is giving valid data as well. Also I do not know of any aftermarket scanners that will clear and re-set the clogging factor and DPR status. Other than dealer software. You may have to have to have the dealer re-set this for you unless you have a copy of UD PC Consult II and a python or nexiq adapter. If the clogging risk flag is set it will not allow you to perform a manual regen

Reactions: greasytshirt

Roobie

Active Expediter
Mechanic
Well I think the boss finally listened to me and sent it down the road. I just don't like to get beat up with out checking all the boxes first. I told him injectors were next I know there is at least 1 bad. Just trying to confirm computer was good. This is one really expensive pos.