Ud 2600 ecu question

ud2600bbs

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hello i was wondering if the 2008-2010 hino 268 ecu would fit my 2008 UD 2600 ? I know they share the same engine but i think UD blocked the ecu so only there software computer could diagnose the truck ?

ud2600bbs

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
There's a possibility. Your injectors will not be able to be programmed, but it likely won't matter.

Why do you want to do this?

Sent from my XT1585 using EO Forums mobile app
Because there is not alot of UD support with scanners and the dealers here have more HINO support and maybe they can remap my ecu since i have the 2008 model it came with alot off issues including the un modified ITV and creates alot of soot

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Because there is not alot of UD support with scanners and the dealers here have more HINO support and maybe they can remap my ecu since i have the 2008 model it came with alot off issues including the un modified ITV and creates alot of soot
Well, this was the answer I was hoping you'd give.

Are the two ecus mix and match, with the same wires going everywhere? I have no idea. Maybe your dealer has access to an 08 Hino ECU they can stick in there and see what happens.

Does the UD have an Allison, or is it stick shift? You'll want an ECU from a truck with the same features. While I'm inside and looking at the ECU customization options, it looks like I can select stuff like auto or manual transmission, but I'm not sure. In close to five years I've only replaced one Hino ECU, and that's because a connecting rod kinda went through it. Physically.

If it makes a lot of soot, and it's a Hino, it probably needs injectors. You can put Hino injectors in it, but you can't enter the Cal codes, but it likely will make no difference. UD did not get the latest updated injectors from Hino.

ud2600bbs

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, this was the answer I was hoping you'd give.

Are the two ecus mix and match, with the same wires going everywhere? I have no idea. Maybe your dealer has access to an 08 Hino ECU they can stick in there and see what happens.

Does the UD have an Allison, or is it stick shift? You'll want an ECU from a truck with the same features. While I'm inside and looking at the ECU customization options, it looks like I can select stuff like auto or manual transmission, but I'm not sure. In close to five years I've only replaced one Hino ECU, and that's because a connecting rod kinda went through it. Physically.

If it makes a lot of soot, and it's a Hino, it probably needs injectors. You can put Hino injectors in it, but you can't enter the Cal codes, but it likely will make no difference. UD did not get the latest updated injectors from Hino.

Thanks for the answer yeah its a manual 6speed i will try to find a ecu to test maybe this J08E-TV they put on the UD came with some bugs that we have been fixing they did change the injectors when it was under warranty but not since then i will try with the injectors the trucks run fine after we cleaned the intake manifold full of soot also installed a new egr cooler and the separator assy from a 2015 hino with the little filter element it seems to be that the trucks runs really good some days but there is times that it feels slow like the turbo won't spool the same i drove an 08 hino with same engine and felt way more powerfull

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
The turbos on these things don't last forever. If you spin the turbo, and put a bit of sideways pressure on the shaft, a worn turbo will bind a little, or even seize. I'd check this, and I'd be very critical of what I find. Do NOT waste your time getting it rebuilt. Get a new one from a Hino dealer, and an installation kit. I've heard countless tales of rebuilt turbos immediately setting vnt codes, or failing months later.

Worn turbos will cause low power during regen, excess oil through the CAC, excess oil mixed with egr soot will cause a huge amount of schmoo to build up in the intake, and it'll even cause stalling at idle when they are very bad.

If there's been a period of high soot production and generally crappy running, the DPF may be partially clogged and unable to regen all the soot out of it. It may be worth running it through an oven. If the tailpipe is black and sooty inside, it's already damaged. If it's sort of acting like it's regenerating normally, slap it back on, even if damaged. You can't break it more.

Last edited:

ud2600bbs

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
IMG_5794.JPG
The turbos on these things don't last forever. If you spin the turbo, and put a bit of sideways pressure on the shaft, a worn turbo will bind a little, or even seize. I'd check this, and I'd be very critical of what I find. Do NOT waste your time getting it rebuilt. Get a new one from a Hino dealer, and an installation kit. I've heard countless tales of rebuilt turbos immediately setting vnt codes, or failing months later.

Worn turbos will cause low power during regen, excess oil through the CAC, excess oil mixed with egr soot will cause a huge amount of schmoo to build up in the intake, and it'll even cause stalling at idle when they are very bad.

If there's been a period of high soot production and generally crappy running, the DPF may be partially clogged and unable to regen all the soot out of it. It may be worth running it through an oven. If the tailpipe is black and sooty inside, it's already damaged. If it's sort of acting like it's regenerating normally, slap it back on, even if damaged. You can't break it more.

Thank you for your response i will check the turbo well the dpf filter was cleaned and baked about 4 months ago the tailpipe is clean i will check the turbo this is the ecu it has