Typical monthly cost

Forerunner

Expert Expediter
Assuming you have a D unit say for argument sake, a 2001 Kenworth T-300 with a monthly payment of 1200.00 what would one typically pay for monthly insurance, and other miscellaneous monthly expenses.(beside an oil change and fuel).

I have been researching expediting for a year and found this site and the participants to have very ggod information. Keep up the good work and drive carefully.

crazy

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have a $1,200 truck payment. My insurance costs are $321 per month for physical damage, bobtail, and workers comp. My truck has been pretty reliable so I have had no major repair costs. My fuel cost is around .12 per mile.
Just about everything you buy for the business would have to be figured in your total cost per mile. I have put on some non productive items on the truck, ie: train horns extra lights,etc. My total cpm last year was .53. I don't know if this is average with everybody else out there, but with what I spent on the business, that is what it figured out to be.

See Ya

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I am just getting back on this post as I calculate all this garbage for taxes. All the expenses on my '95 D unit (fuel, maintenence, repairs, insurance, fuel taxes, registration, etc.) come to around $2100.00 a month. Add to this my $1000.00 a month truck payment, plus some other business expenses, and the truck needs about $3500.00 a month before I start to get a paycheck. This is pretty much a "real world" figure based on about 4 years of running.
-Weave-

Forerunner

Expert Expediter
Thanks Weave. I have been researching for about a year expediting and want to eventually make a move into it but with the economy the way it is I continue to do my homework.:) :)