TWICs Not Recognized by DOD

Deville

Not a Member
The TWIC card, the new HAZMAT driver licence requirements was just a nother money grab that has amounted to nothing & was a legal way for the goverment to get us all fingerprinted. It's just another subtraction of our freedoms & liberties.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Thats true even though they look like a Cac card. But not even Cac cards with out prior arrangments are any good either.

Big money push yup your right.

Job Security more like it. All ya need realy is one Enity. Because I was told in there by the Twic and Haz and Dod they all share the same Info.
Were paying double and I have knew that for the last few years.

Like I said JOB Security.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's just ANOTHER stealth tax. Truckers are nothing more than a revenue source. It will get worse as time goes on. The costs will be designed to affect independents more than company drivers.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Screw twic, im not giving any more of my money to anyone..more loads for someone else... tired of this..money here, money there...kiss my ***

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

paullud

Veteran Expediter
One Army base won't accept them but the next one will. If you go into the port in Baltimore they want your TWIC and license, if TWIC is a photo why do they need my license? They only want my license when I leave and could careless about my TWIC. I guess I should ask the people I wrote the money order out to about this complete lack of uniformity and why they are not accepted. Who was that now? Oh yeah, Lockheed Martin.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Deville

Not a Member
One Army base won't accept them but the next one will. If you go into the port in Baltimore they want your TWIC and license, if TWIC is a photo why do they need my license? They only want my license when I leave and could careless about my TWIC. I guess I should ask the people I wrote the money order out to about this complete lack of uniformity and why they are not accepted. Who was that now? Oh yeah, Lockheed Martin.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

I've run into the same problem dropping freight off at the airlines. Some take the TWIC without question others want the DL. It's annoying. I hate having so many copies of my DL floating around.