Turning down Loads

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
I hear in another post we can turn down loads and keep our board position. Seems unlikely to me that a policy that important would change without drivers or owners being messaged.

Probably just a rumor.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Far as I know, it's always been that way, if the load offer is below that of your contract rate.

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
Far as I know, it's always been that way, if the load offer is below that of your contract rate.

Yeah, the other thread did not mention running for less than contract, though one of the posts did. I have been offered only one load at less than contract, and since they threw in a Starbucks, and a seat on the board of directors, I ran it.

I have since joined Panther Pals, and fully expect special treatment from now on. :cool:

SJMagic

Seasoned Expediter
I've called dispatch on it, and a few others I know about have as well. Dispatch said, as of about three weeks ago, that if you turn down a load you keep your board position, even with refusing a run after doing a mini. I've seen it firsthand for van drivers on the Cincinnati board, and in Chicago. I look at it as a good thing and a bad thing, now if you have to sit for 2-3 days and they offer you that horrid run with more deadhead than the run goes you can turn it down. I just worry about people cherry picking good loads in areas.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
This was an issue that was addressed by the council yes you never lose your spot unless you go out of service. Yes it can be abused and those on the top can cherry pick there is that draw back but on the other side how many times have you sat on a board to make it to the top to get a real crappy load afraid to pass it up because you will end up back on the bottom of the list. So it is a double edge sword. But it was the only other option this was an issue that several drivers brought to us so we took it to Panther.

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
This was an issue that was addressed by the council yes you never lose your spot unless you go out of service. Yes it can be abused and those on the top can cherry pick there is that draw back but on the other side how many times have you sat on a board to make it to the top to get a real crappy load afraid to pass it up because you will end up back on the bottom of the list. So it is a double edge sword. But it was the only other option this was an issue that several drivers brought to us so we took it to Panther.
This was an issue that needed to be addresed and thank you council members for doing something about it, I personally wish Panther would have put a little more thought in it and applied some rules to it like they did with first outs....there needs to be some structure in every rule and also some exceptions to the rules but I will live with it....again thanks for the work on it Ken.:cool:

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Panther works real hard at trying to not make sure that the policy’s are not to hard and fast because in my opinion they are trying to avoid the look of being an employer so they can’t be hit with taxes like fedex