Turned Down? What Turn Down?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
humm, this upsets me......

Went on Fleet-and saw where I had a turn down. Have't turned a load down all year. Back on the 15th, they couldn't get me for a load. So when I got back to the truck, I had a message saying to call dispatch. I did, and time from message to call was 11 minutes. Oh I had to give it away to someone else...ok my loss I thought. But...how can I be charged with a turn down when I didn't even have a chance to?? Has anyone else had this happen, or is it just our #1 dispatcher that makes it up as she goes? Dang and I thought she was getting better....

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Just checked our fleetvision and Ken got a turndown from one of the guys on Monday when he turned down that first trip...must be a new edict or something...never had a turndown prior to this.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
I think I found it. Is it under status planner? I went back as far as I could and there are 2 questionable things. I have 2 different times of "check first can not contact" since 1/1/08. I take it that means they tried to call me and I didn't answer? I will have to check my book to see where I was and what I was doing on those dates but I always answer and if I miss them I call them back as soon as I see that I missed them.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think I found it. Is it under status planner? I went back as far as I could and there are 2 questionable things. I have 2 different times of "check first can not contact" since 1/1/08. I take it that means they tried to call me and I didn't answer? I will have to check my book to see where I was and what I was doing on those dates but I always answer and if I miss them I call them back as soon as I see that I missed them.

Yeah me too....I always call them back even if I'm out of service....need money, not a kid, will work,,,take me off the that -a -boy list since they make it where you can't get on. IE: 1-not enough time to make pickup....46 to 48 MPH avg on two lane road, going through small towns at 25 mph.For 125 miles."Oh just make sure you go 51 mph and you will make it"..2-Dispatch said I was 40 miles away from pickup- I was 98 mailes away, late getting there. 3-Incorrect directions, late. 4- my goal was no turn downs this year, lost cause, what's the use, boy those are funny. Oh and in service 98% or better for the year!

So now they try to call and I'm in a dead zone out of truck, and I get charged with a turn down.

I will contiune to do the best I can when ever I can...Just not going to worry about it anymore.

Where's the Tylenol !

I'm done.

Last edited: