TST Expedite

jimmylookers

Seasoned Expediter
Any drivers out there know anything about TST?? I have a chance to drive for them... I never been to Canada I dont have anything to worry about not a criminal never was never been in trouble with the law. Do they have alot of fraight??? Where do they mostly haul from?? Is it just Canada or do they go all over the USA?? I will be a solo driver... Will that hurt me?? Any help please
Thanks

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
Let me start by saying I have no personal experience w/ em. My information is 2nd hand, from talking to some of their drivers. I don't know exactly how many I've talked to. I'm guessin less than 10.. I'd say it was pretty evenly split amongh if the drivers liked em, thought they were ok, or didn't care for em.

They pay on time, so you'll have no problems w/ that. Whether ya get miles or not depends on the luck of the draw. Of course, that's true with a lot of companies. I'd say as a company they're at least worth a try. I don't think they have a lot of US to US freight. I think most of it is either US to Canada or Canada to US. I'm sure they have a lot of Canada to Canada freight, but if you're a US citizen you're not allowed to take it.

If you're willing to go to Canada, they could be a good fit for ya.

Hope this helps some & good luck,
Danny

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Any drivers out there know anything about TST?? I have a
>chance to drive for them... I never been to Canada I dont
>have anything to worry about not a criminal never was never
>been in trouble with the law. Do they have alot of
>fraight??? Where do they mostly haul from?? Is it just
>Canada or do they go all over the USA?? I will be a solo
>driver... Will that hurt me?? Any help please
>Thanks

TST is a Canada based expedite company.
Canadian drivers are based in Windsor and US drivers in Detroit.
They do mostly trans border work for the automotive companies. That doesn't sound as bad as it might as the Japanese transplants are opening plants; Ford is retooling Oakville for Flexible manufacturing, Chrysler Brampton has a good selling car and GM is busy although Oshawa 2 is scheduled to close.
You will be dealing with Customs and, I'm sure, be requuired to be CDRP registered.

www.tst911.com
is their website.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/cdrp/menu-e.html
gives the rules and regulations for CRRP (Commercial Drivers Registration Programme)

wgbingo445a

Seasoned Expediter
I was never to canada and thinking on going over to TST The owner wants me to pick the truck up and drive it to Orenation he told me it will be in the Canada Terminal is it hard to get across? I clean on my DL and Never had criminal or law stuff on me..... Would it be better to find a US company since I live here?? Any helpe please... Thanks