truckstop gyms at the TA

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I guess I missed these out there, buts it a good thing IMHO>:D

TravelCenters of America Expands StayFit Program

Fitness Centers Now Offered in 21 Locations; 120 Sites with Mapped Walking Trails

WESTLAKE, Ohio--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- TravelCenters of America LLC ("TA") is expanding its StayFit Program, a wellness initiative aimed at providing professional drivers "better-for-you" options while they are on the road. Launched in January of this year, StayFit Fitness Rooms were initially located in a combined ten TA and Petro locations on Interstates 95 and 40. Now, a total of 21 fitness rooms are available — 11 new sites added on Interstates 80 and 5. Additionally, 120 mapped walking trails are available throughout the TA/Petro network.

"Drivers tell us that they want healthier options while they are on the road," said Tom O'Brien, President and CEO of TA. "Fitness rooms, walking trails and healthier food options in our stores and restaurants are just a part of the way we are showing drivers respect by giving them what they ask for, as well as providing them with full-service benefits all in one place," he added.

StayFit Fitness Rooms are free to use by any UltraONE™ Rewards Program member. Drivers simply swipe their card at the door to access:
• Elliptical cross-trainer;
• Recumbent bike;
• Dual adjustable pulley resistance equipment or an adjustable sit-up board;
• Weight scale;
• Folding gym mat;
• Shelving unit for storage of gym bags while working out; and
• Wall-mount TVs and fans.

TA and Petro Locations with StayFit Fitness Centers include:
•I-5: TA Portland, OR; TA Redding, CA; Petro Santa Nella, CA; Petro Wheeler Ridge, CA;
•I-95: Petro Bordentown, NJ; TA Baltimore South, MD; TA Manning, SC; TA Vero Beach, FL;
•I-80: Petro Sparks, NV; TA Salt Lake City, UT; TA Cheyenne, WY; TA Grand Island, NE; TA Lake Station, IN; Petro Girard, OH; TA Bloomsburg, PA;
•I-40: TA Barstow, CA; TA Albuquerque, NM; TA Greensboro, NC; TA Nashville, TN; TA Oklahoma City West, OK; TA West Memphis, AR.

Drivers interested in the walking trails can pick up a map at participating sites. Healthy food options in the travel stores are marked with StayFit shelf signs, while better-for-you restaurant choices are noted on the menu.

About TravelCenters of America LLC

TravelCenters of America LLC (TA), headquartered in Westlake, Ohio is a leading travel center business in 41 states and Canada operating under the TravelCenters of America and Petro brands. With convenient locations off interstate highway exits, TA and Petro offer their customers diesel and gasoline fueling services, full and quick-service restaurants, heavy truck maintenance services, 24-hour convenience stores, electronic communication (WiFi) and other services — all within large, high traffic facilities. For more information on TravelCenters of America, please visit TravelCenters of America | The one stop for all your travel needs | Welcome. For more information on Petro Stopping Centers, please visit Petro Truck Stops - Iron Skillet, Petro:Lube, Travel Stores, Mobil Delvac, Truck Tires, PM Services, Diesel, CAT Scales, Blue Beacon Truck Washes.

TravelCenters of America
Tom Liutkus, 440-808-7364
[email protected]

Source: TravelCenters - General

News Provided by Acquire Media

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pilot flying j is also starting to place some in j's but of course theirs being pilot i think I heard they are charging for it.