truckerdjm

truckerdjm

Active Expediter
i'm thinking of becoming a van owner and getting away from the big rigs i've been drivin big rigs for 25 + years . i had a heart problem an i can't drive a big rig any more i still have my cdl but ineed to know if can drive for some of the co. i can get a good phys. from my doc. will most co. take a phys. from my doc.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I believe you can get a DOT physical at a Walk in Clinic (I have). As long as it's on the correct form you shouldn't have a problem.

JimF51

Seasoned Expediter
I wouldn't get one till u have talked to a company, or applied. They may have a particular place they want you to go to, especially if they pay for it.

Just curious, why can't u drive a TT any more, with regards to the heart problem? Or are u just wanting away from it?

truckerdjm

Active Expediter
jim i have a pacemaker/defibrillator and the feds say i can not drive a tt with this. i was thinking if i was an owner i could go get my phys. were i wanted to. see i have the froms an i take them to my doc. an he fills them out when he gives me a phys.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
jim i have a pacemaker/defibrillator and the feds say i can not drive a tt with this. i was thinking if i was an owner i could go get my phys. were i wanted to. see i have the froms an i take them to my doc. an he fills them out when he gives me a phys.

You can get your physical where you want as an owner, it just has to be a DOT physical.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App