Trucker gets 110 years

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
He drove his truck past more than one emergency off ramp and ran in to multiple cars and trucks killing 4 people 2 years ago....and he got 110 years in jail.....
Both he and the boss who failed to keep maintenance up on the truck are responsible.
I do not feel bad at all about how much time he got be cause he had many chances to pull off the highway going down the hill.
The buck as they say stops at his feet.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I believe it is a bit excessive. He deserves some time but not 110 years.
Yes, the buck stops with him, but he was 23 years old. He didn't have adequate training and he flat out panicked. He didn't plan on killing those people, he wasn't drunk or on drugs, just young and inexperienced, trying to get a paycheck.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
He drove his truck past more than one emergency off ramp and ran in to multiple cars and trucks killing 4 people 2 years ago....and he got 110 years in jail.....
Both he and the boss who failed to keep maintenance up on the truck are responsible.
I do not feel bad at all about how much time he got be cause he had many chances to pull off the highway going down the hill.
The buck as they say stops at his feet.
I feel exactly the same way...do the crime, pay the time...

Reactions: danthewolf00

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
I believe it is a bit excessive. He deserves some time but not 110 years.
Yes, the buck stops with him, but he was 23 years old. He didn't have adequate training and he flat out panicked. He didn't plan on killing those people, he wasn't drunk or on drugs, just young and inexperienced, trying to get a paycheck.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
His lawyers might get to appeal to a higher court.
While yes he was not trained enough he should have been told about emergency ramps.....hes no different that the fool that got into that Walmart truck and hit that limo van full of comedians.

Reactions: Mr. Loyalty.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Well they caved to pressure and reduced his sentence to 10 years for killing 4 and injuring a few others......he should have spent life in jail for taking the lives of 4 people. I wonder how light the sentence will be for the people who trained him.

Reactions: Mr. Loyalty.

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well they caved to pressure and reduced his sentence to 10 years for killing 4 and injuring a few others......he should have spent life in jail for taking the lives of 4 people. I wonder how light the sentence will be for the people who trained him.
With as screwed up as our judicial system and government is, the trainers will probably get no time. In my opinion, if he was honestly proven that he was guilty, in the taking of the 4 lives, he should of got the electric chair. If a person is proven guilty raping someone, castration should be the automatic punishment, with the victim being the one holding the knife,, doing the castration. Our laws are too lenient. All we are doing is giving free housing to the criminals. Last I heard, it costs 15-20 grand a year to house an inmate. Do the math.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Yes but lack of training isn't his fault nor lack of maintenance on company equipment.....hes where the buck stops but hes not totally at fault....however he took 4 lives.

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
But common sense...the posted signs...the visible escape ramps..it doesn't take a rocket scientist to comprehend what all that means, and are there for..he could of drove the semi into the mountains instead of the traffic..taking innocent lives..

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
But common sense...the posted signs...the visible escape ramps..it doesn't take a rocket scientist to comprehend what all that means, and are there for..he could of drove the semi into the mountains instead of the traffic..taking innocent lives..
That's why I say he should have got the 110 years.....with maybe parole in 10 if he behaves.

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
This whole 110 years reduced to 10 years....is a example of power a group of people can have...

And yet, millions of truckers still tolerate being treated like crap in many ways because they can't stick together, exercising their unleased power...