Truck Stop Sink showers??

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Why oh why do people damn near strip naked to wash at the sinks when a shower is free with fuel, or 1/2 a shower credit w 14 or more gallons of gas (Pilot/Flying J). For those who choose this over taking a shower...why? Don't really look forward to having to wait behind your rubadubdubbing to wash my hands.

Reactions: ntimevan and 2centz

2centz

Rookie Expediter
Thank you! I guess it's better than not washing ur hands after using the restroom & heading straight for the buffet. They wash in the sink, then they leave one hell of a mess. That's what I hate.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
so a driver gets up in the morning and hits the lew...he needs to shave and wash up from sleeping overnight....he takes his shirt off to shave because how many of us use a towel as a bibb?....and he uses a face cloth to wipe down his underarm to apply deodorant...he showered the night before but he is just freshening up....do you forget where you are? a TRUCKSTOP? that caters to drivers and their needs?....don't want to see it?...oh well...
the repulsive part is one that snorts into the sink to empty their nose....Yuck and I have to wash next...

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
yes....and there is that as well....but then what driver wants a counter used as a change table and see a crappy bottom screaming baby getting changed either?....:p

2centz

Rookie Expediter
That can't be helped. A single father needs to change a diaper now & then. Rather have them do it there than the sink counter. We need the sink counter for drivers to wash themselves in.

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The older " truck stops" have (had) a separate Shaving area just for the purpose of " fresh-in up in the morning". Sadly it's something that the new "Travel Centers" have chose to leave out

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Why oh why do people **** near strip naked to wash at the sinks when a shower is free with fuel, or 1/2 a shower credit w 14 or more gallons of gas (Pilot/Flying J). For those who choose this over taking a shower...why? Don't really look forward to having to wait behind your rubadubdubbing to wash my hands.

rubadubdubbing! Lol lol lol!

Sorry, I just found that funny.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
so a driver gets up in the morning and hits the lew...he needs to shave and wash up from sleeping overnight....he takes his shirt off to shave because how many of us use a towel as a bibb?....and he uses a face cloth to wipe down his underarm to apply deodorant...he showered the night before but he is just freshening up....do you forget where you are? a TRUCKSTOP? that caters to drivers and their needs?....don't want to see it?...oh well...
the repulsive part is one that snorts into the sink to empty their nose....Yuck and I have to wash next...

I shave when I am in shower room .... not Billy Whiskers here so I don't shave everyday.. But i realise there is too few Sinks in restrooms for washing hands and of course only 1 paper towel dispencer is working also....my thought if your a Morning Shaver ... why not use the Rest Areas ...more sinks ...no lines....just M O

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

TNJenn

Active Expediter
I shave when I am in shower room .... not Billy Whiskers here so I don't shave everyday.. But i realise there is too few Sinks in restrooms for washing hands and of course only 1 paper towel dispencer is working also....my thought if your a Morning Shaver ... why not use the Rest Areas ...more sinks ...no lines....just M O
Why oh why do people **** near strip naked to wash at the sinks when a shower is free with fuel, or 1/2 a shower credit w 14 or more gallons of gas (Pilot/Flying J). For those who choose this over taking a shower...why? Don't really look forward to having to wait behind your rubadubdubbing to wash my hands.
I have more disgust over the drivers who elect to forego the bathing at any level for days, maybe a week or so at a time. That's really disgusting. ..

Reactions: ntimevan

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Have you guys never took a bath or washed up in steel combat helmet? It's hard to do but it make you feel and look better when you thur. Truck stop is the about the only thing I change if I could undoing this type work.There are dirty unclean they let homeless people live and sleep in the TV room. The people that use the sink to wash up do make a mess but think about it the only water that floor has got put it. The showers are some what clean from the steam from the shower I carry my own towel and hope there nobody with Eboli {?} shower there in the last 21days. Because there no wait for a nice clean shower. Now that really disgusting just to think about what lurking on the floors and walls? I liked that old steel combat helmet more and more. P.s. Use a paper towel to open the door with

Reactions: Twiggy