Truck overheating

Cowboy1987

New Recruit
Driver
I noticed my truck (05 9400 international) starting to over heat so I stopped at a truck stop and checked the fluid noticed it was leaking, had coolant sprayed all over the passenger side of my motor and the reservoir was empty. So I filled it up and let it run at idle looking for the leak but could not find it. So I climbed into my sleeper and took a nap.
When I woke up I checked it. My temp was fine but I had a big puddle of coolant with what looks like oil mixed in it underneath the truck and a squeaking belt. The water was directly under the fan and dripping fast. I could not see where it was coming from but I'm going to guess the water pump? Need help cannot figure it out

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
By the location you mention guess would be the water pump also, but that does not explain the oil mixed in with the coolant. Do you have coolant in the oil or oil in the coolant in the engine? Might be a blown head gasket. Ugh.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The oil could be from residual oil on the pavement. I'd go with replacing the water pump and hope for the best.