Truck ordered not used

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Heads up guys/gals.. IAC in Fremont Ohio is ordering trucks ever few hours and canceling them just before the next one arrives.. Machines have been down all day with no production coming out the door. Freight is going to Portage Mich so there is no real money on the load to begin with. Watch your deadhead on this one or you will get burned like I just did after a 100 mile deadhead. IAC supervisor claims the load will be paid in full but we will see how that works out on payday. They may pay but it wouldn't filter down to the truck in its entirety. With the carrier only paying $1.03 all in on this its another loss..I think I have had only one trip out this year that has me brought a return trip. Its been all one way freight in 2016 just like 2015 as usual..Oh well just another log book page used up.. 109 miles to the house.

Reactions: Tennesseahawk

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
it that happens to many times, and they ask me, wouldn't take it unless they pay for a dry run
if they won't give a dry run that would be a no for me

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
it that happens to many times, and they ask me, wouldn't take it unless they pay for a dry run
if they won't give a dry run that would be a no for me

Problem with that is a dry run pays for nothing after a large deadhead.. Dry run is nothing but a feel good measure at that point. If the carrier had the ability to get the truck loaded on the same log page I would sing a different song. Log book started and now ya go to bed after being on duty for just a short time. Another day and a half wasted if not more. Not saying the carrier can control a canceled load but after the shipper stated they where turning away trucks thru out the day, someone, somewhere knew what was going on and didn't care what the loss to the trucks are.

Reactions: TDave