Transportation Alliance Bank- Anyone Else Having Problems?

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
For the last month, TAB Bank in Utah has been promising "big changes" on their website. Apparently, these changes were started last weekend. We have been unable to log on to our account online, and their customer no-service number has either dumped our calls, put us into a voicemail box that is full and can't accept any more messages, or gets placed on hold.......forever. Almost thought I was working for Panther today (relax, Cat people....that's a joke).

Today, the website says that anyone previously locked out of their account can now log on. Still no dice.

We started this account at the direction of the fleet owner we started driving for, as it was easiest for him to deposit our settlements. We have slowly begun migrating our money elsewhere, but apparently not fast enough. Our settlements still get deposited there, but are quickly transferred out. We've called every phone number on their website, sent tech support tickets, and I'm getting a bit frustrated.

Just wondering if anyone else, like us, is still dumb enough to keep using these idiots to let hold onto their money, and is anyone else having problems getting on their account.

Thanks in advance for all replies...even the sarcastic ones.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Oh come on. They have upgraded to hearing about not using a handheld phone and whether you are having a accident spill or injury. Numerous times in fact while you wait . :rolleyes: Some aren't appreciative of the fine entertainment while they wait.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Yup. Having problems here. I have been on hold now with them for over 1/2 an hour. Noone seems to be answering. I had enough money in the bank last night for expenses and all of a sudden I am in the negative. Someone is messin with my account and I'm getting to the bottom of it. I'll repost at 7am when I finally get a customer service rep to answer the darn phone:mad: "All of our representatives are currently busy.....":mad: Oh, yeah...and I'm dumb enough to use these idiots .....And I used to drive for Panther! LMAO

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Apparently they've never heard of parallel processing. On something that big and that important they should have run the old system in parallel until they knew the new system worked correctly and was an improvement on the old system.

Sounds like they owe some significant compensation to customers. Wonder if they'll have to be sued to do the right thing.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Apparently they've never heard of parallel processing. On something that big and that important they should have run the old system in parallel until they knew the new system worked correctly and was an improvement on the old system.

Sounds like they owe some significant compensation to customers. Wonder if they'll have to be sued to do the right thing.
I read the article and was having the same problems. I was locked out of my account yesterday and after sending e-mails and phone messages I still had no call back. I got an e-mail yesterday from TAB basically telling me sorry for the inconvenience we are having technical difficulties. I haven't gone on the road yet because I'm still waiting for them to fix the system. I don't want to get double charges while I'm on the road for the same purchases and I still can't get ahold of customer service. I had E1 deposit my check on my Comdata card in the meantime til they get their problem fixed.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Land Line magazine provided more information late Friday. Read it here. It sounds like things are getting better but are not yet good.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
I finally got ahold of a customer service representative today after being on hold for 2 hours. The cust service associate I talked to said that at one point they had about 300 people on hold. The story also aired on the local TV station about the problems. But I got half of my problems fixed. The account is still showing "phantom deposits" or glitches and I just hope that they get this problem solved soon.

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
This is the response that I got from TAB, when I sent an e-mail about my logon problems.

We apologize about the inconvenience this issue has caused you. Currently, due to our system conversion, our customer call center is at its maximum capacity, which may be why you are having issues contacting us. In addition to many services that are being converted, we can confirm that your web access has been changed. Due to a new web account provider, S1, your password has been reset to the last 4 digits of your social security number. Please enter your normal log name, followed by this temporary password and you should be directed to set up your new web account. If you have further issues, please contact us again, knowing that your questions will be addressed in the order that they were received. We appreciate your continued patience as we make this transition and hope that it will inconvenience you as little as is possible.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Due to a new web account provider, S1, your password has been reset to the last 4 digits of your social security number. Please enter your normal log name, followed by this temporary password and you should be directed to set up your new web account.

Wow! Diane and I don't bank there and I don't think we ever will. I shudder to think how many people out there know or can find out the last four digits of someone's social security number. Someone who did would only be a user name guess away from gaining full access to that account.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I called one of our drivers to offer him a load this morning and he told me that if we got it he might need some help for fuel because his entire balance in TAB was wiped out. He was showing a negative balance and he had just been paid.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
I called one of our drivers to offer him a load this morning and he told me that if we got it he might need some help for fuel because his entire balance in TAB was wiped out. He was showing a negative balance and he had just been paid.
Yeah, I had the same problem this morning when I called even after being on hold yesterday for over 2 hours. So I had to redial the bank about 5 times where I was eventually placed on hold for another 2 hrs. I got the account problem remedied, pulled all my money from the ATM out of checking and put it in my other account with Woodforest. I'm DONE with TAB. I've been forced out of service for 3 days because they can't take care of my account in a timely manner.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
I actually called the FDIC other day to find out if they were still in business. I fear they won't be, after this all settles, and folks start filing lawsuits. This debacle was one grade A cluster fudge.

Like Shawn, We checked our balance at an ATM. Since we have the account linked with USAA, we moved most of the money there by transferring from USAA's site. Almost all of the rest we pulled out of the ATM. Who knows if it was right. We started with about $3600.

I sent an E-mail to the tab info address on their home page. I got one E-mail back saying they would reset our account. Hooray! Or so we thought.....I was able to e-establish a logon, and now....it says we have no accounts!

Then, a woman called Friday, who I believe was a temp. I almost feel bad for her, as I cut into her pretty strongly. She was able to do nothing. When I pointed that out to her, and that no one had been answering the phone for a week, she explained that their CSR's had been working almost 18-hour days. I told her that I had no sympathy for them.

Glad I did not have my life savings there, and glad I started our business account at a hometown credit union, where I can see someone face-to-face f there is a problem. We're further glad that we did not let these morons have control over our business dough, like many other o/o's did.

Thanks for the link, Phil. Never knew it was that deep before reading the article.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I got an account there and I didnt want the dam thing in the first place how ever this isnt a nitemare, You got to go reset your password they have already redone the accounts. If you can read the instructions you can do it too. Non payment excusses is BS. Just like TAB in the first place but they did upgrades. All the accounts are there.
Cheap Cheap Cheap is why Companies set up to do business with TAB in the first place you get what U pay for.
This BS and NUBS Time to move on.

We are actively helping customers. As you should be aware, we updated our systems, including our Online Banking application. In an effort to assist you in logging into the new Online Banking application, please follow these instructions. If you were previously locked out of Online Banking over the past few days, we have unlocked your account and you should now be able to log in using the instructions provided.
If you continue to have problems accessing Online Banking, please utilize this form to CONTACT US and one of our dedicated online support representatives will contact you as quickly as possible.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
I got an account there and I didnt want the dam thing in the first place how ever this isnt a nitemare, You got to go reset your password they have already redone the accounts. If you can read the instructions you can do it too. Non payment excusses is BS. Just like TAB in the first place but they did upgrades. All the accounts are there.
Cheap Cheap Cheap is why Companies set up to do business with TAB in the first place you get what U pay for.
This BS and NUBS Time to move on.

We are actively helping customers. As you should be aware, we updated our systems, including our Online Banking application. In an effort to assist you in logging into the new Online Banking application, please follow these instructions. If you were previously locked out of Online Banking over the past few days, we have unlocked your account and you should now be able to log in using the instructions provided.
If you continue to have problems accessing Online Banking, please utilize this form to CONTACT US and one of our dedicated online support representatives will contact you as quickly as possible.

Not a nightmare? Try explaining that to the fleet owners who had to park their trucks, because they couldn't purchase fuel despite having cash in their accounts. Oh wait.....you drive for a fleet owner, don't you?

And yes, we know how to follow their new logon instructions. We did that.

Cupcake.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Not a nightmare? Try explaining that to the fleet owners who had to park their trucks, because they couldn't purchase fuel despite having cash in their accounts. Oh wait.....you drive for a fleet owner, don't you?

And yes, we know how to follow their new logon instructions. We did that.

Cupcake.

Get what you pay for Cheapo Crap.
Cupcake!!!!