Transit Transmission advice requested.

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
If serious transmission work is required on my Transit with 317,000 miles, and everything else appears to be operating fine, what are your thoughts about major rebuild of the existing tranny or getting a reman from somewhere, or other option? I already have a boat anchor, so skip that one. Thanks, drivers.

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Resizer_16378766234280.jpg
A Motorcraft reman engine or transmission is the only way to go. Almost 400,000 miles on my Motorcraft reman engine and transmission with zero leaks, seeps, no mechanical issues this far on my 2003 econoline.. the Motorcraft engine and transmission come complete full of fluids..3 year unlimited mileage nationwide warranty, especially in this business, is peace of mind..who offers that kind of warranty and coverage?

Reactions: fastman_1

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I like that they don't exclude commercial applications from the 3 year warranty.
Pretty hard to find a guarantee like that nowadays.

Reactions: Mr. Loyalty.

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Thanks for the comments, drivers. I ended up with a major rebuild of the transmission with Ford parts. Thanks, Mr. Loyalty. Between that and the differential repair with new gears and rings, I believe the van is good for another 300,000 miles of making money. But I'm only good for a couple months of hard running to pay for those repairs (I've got 79 years on my body odometer), then I'll retire and someone else can buy it to learn and earn until they trade it in on a new long and tall.

Reactions: Mr. Loyalty.

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks for the comments, drivers. I ended up with a major rebuild of the transmission with Ford parts. Thanks, Mr. Loyalty. Between that and the differential repair with new gears and rings, I believe the van is good for another 300,000 miles of making money. But I'm only good for a couple months of hard running to pay for those repairs (I've got 79 years on my body odometer), then I'll retire and someone else can buy it to learn and earn until they trade it in on a new long and tall.
You are welcome. Please pace yourself. No load is worth anyone's life, including your own. It will all work out in the end, as I have learned over the years.

Reactions: danthewolf00