Cargo Van Transit sleeper

Living the dream

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
I bought a cot from walmart. It's a twin 75x31x17 for 80 bucks. Its a fold up. Great tax ride off. It's called a foldaway guest bed.

acvox24

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Or.........build a loft their cozy
b079dd20d8c411f0ab4a069895d7853e.jpg
3b60366a63666116302d1ecfc50c78b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
What company did you decide to sign on with?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a bulkhead with a pass through to the cab. A permanent bed with storage underneath. I give my carrier 120" so I always have a place to sleep. Take Xiggi's advice. Get a cot, check out other people's setups and get a feel for what would work best for you.
Transit 1.JPG
transit 2.JPG

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What company did you decide to sign on with?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

For the time Bolt will be the sticker that graces the side ! Quick and simple onboarding to get my wheels turning again ... 2 years off and I got fatter and lazier, a talent in itself as I was great at both! Roadrunner aka the green and yellow express is on an indefinite freeze for vans now . I figure I'll get my mind back into it and see where the road leads me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a bulkhead with a pass through to the cab. A permanent bed with storage underneath. I give my carrier 120" so I always have a place to sleep. Take Xiggi's advice. Get a cot, check out other people's setups and get a feel for what would work best for you.
View attachment 15428
View attachment 15429

Being we have sibling vans and me coming from a sprinter do you find the added payload helps you more then the 3 skids or? I never ran a pound over 2500 in ye sprinter of old but the new hotrod I'm going set no more then 3000 even if I can haul more when it's done . And your sleeper is fantastic! Do you have anything for a/c? I never did it in my sprinter just one fantastic fan in and one out with idle air in Laredo when I got stuck , the fatman is getting a/c this time!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm on record with a weight capacity of 2340 lbs. and 120 inches. My last Chevy I was 2400# and 100" with the same bed/bulkhead setup.

Freight capacity, both weight and length is dependent on how you finish out your van. I tend toward comfort verus capacity. This is the main reason I bought a long and tall van. I won't be leaving expediting in a blaze of glory but at least I will be standing upright!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I forgot to mention I have an Espar and a Fantastic Vent, no AC. Also my bed can be oriented lengthwise when empty or only one skid. I have a piece of loose plywood under the mattress. I use it to make a "bridge". One end rest on the bed platform and the other on my freight stop. I then just turn the mattress lengthwise, centered on the opening in the bulkhead. When the Fantastic Vent is running it draws air through the windows and bulkhead opening and across the length of my body.
.bed 1.JPG bed 2.JPG

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ohio? Ok, done that. Laredo?! Respect for that one, this Canadian couldn't handle Georgia in September

Oh it was great! Had 2 remote fantastic fans one ahead of my bunk and one in the rear of the van! I used to love parking near the ocean or Mississippi River open em up and go to sleep! Davenport Iowa has an access road for the river you can literally park under the i80 bridge on the river .... and it's so high you don't hear the traffic!

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I forgot to mention I have an Espar and a Fantastic Vent, no AC. Also my bed can be oriented lengthwise when empty or only one skid. I have a piece of loose plywood under the mattress. I use it to make a "bridge". One end rest on the bed platform and the other on my freight stop. I then just turn the mattress lengthwise, centered on the opening in the bulkhead. When the Fantastic Vent is running it draws air through the windows and bulkhead opening and across the length of my body.
.View attachment 15430 View attachment 15431
Dang u just made a small apt in there get a kitchen an u won't have to go home for anything

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: brokcanadian