Tran Stewart Trucking Inc.

garman351

Expert Expediter
We have read information about this "Company on the move."

Is their any drivers/teams who works for this Company who can share any information about this Company who claims to have removed most of the daily stress for drivers by not having any satellite to deal with etc. They claim to be a small Company who takes better care of it's drivers etc, only to be expanding it's customer base and is looking for more drivers all at the same time!

There is hundreds of Company's who haul freight and they all claim to be the best to work with and will treat you better than anybody else, until you switch over and find out just the opposite.

Garman

jeffman164

Seasoned Expediter
They do have satelites, just don't charge for them (suppossidly). I'm trying to find info out about them also. When talked to owner - seemed a little vague - like hiding something.

outwardbound 2

Expert Expediter
I have been on with Transtewart for five months now and find little fault with them. There is no QualCom to deal with and dispatch is wonderful and knows you by voice and name. They hull mainly automotive freight and average around 2000+ miles/week.
PM me for more info or call Jerry Stewart and talk to him yourself.

garman351

Expert Expediter
Hi Jeffman164 & Outwardbound 2

Jeffman. I feel the same way as you do about not answering questions to where I felt comfortable in what I was hearing. I had the impression they do not try to get you a better fuel S/c you simply get what the company offers and that is it! And 89% of the time you would receive $1.20 per mile? What about the rest of the time?

I asked on two seperate phone call's what a average week would be for miles for a team and I was told they had no idea. But later when my Daughter called them she was told around 3,000 a week or more!

They also do not pay deadhead miles, my question was with your small fleet it would seem drivers would have to drive several hundreds of miles before they could pick-up freight on a everyday basis. That as you know could really hurt your income vs payout's per week.

What I was told they just under cut everybody else to get the job, at the expense of extra money not going to the drivers for a better fuel S/C or deads head miles to be paid etc. (In my opinion)

They claim they want to stay a small company to better take care of it's drivers, but are looking for as many trucks as they can get on board? (Conflict in what they are saying to recuite drivers)

Outwardbound2:
Are you a solo driver? I get the impression they have more solo drivers than teams? What is your average miles per week?

I'm not saying anything bad at all about this Company, actually I have heard a lot of good stuff "from them" But as I was told by a gentleman who owns over fifty trucks and he told me, many small companys claims for weekly miles & comp fall short of that they advertise! I will have to see copy's of actual weekly payable reports from them before we will make the change. And if they will not offer that they have something to hide. Remember it is a two way street. Are you good enough to haul freight for them? And the other side of the coin is "are they good enough to work for. Never cut your self short, other wise you will go under with making to many bad business decisions.

Tell us more about this Company Outwardbound2 They do sound interesting.

Garman351

outwardbound 2

Expert Expediter
ok here is the straight poop no BS I have no expierance with the big companies like Fedex or Panther how they do things or treat thier drivers. I did drive locally for a company in milwaukee that has about 400 trucks, and if you was a big enough pain dispatch would remember your name.

>I had the impression they do not try to get you a better fuel S/c you simply get what the company offers and that is it!

Transtewart hauls mainly automotive and gets the F/s that Ford, GM, Chrysler set, and you get 100% of all FS

>And 89% of the time you would receive $1.20 per mile? What about the rest of the time?

$1.20 is the primium price for loads under 13,500lbs $1.30 after that. Depanding on location the price varries to as low as $1.09 to keep you moving. Their is no forced dispatch and you can turn down as many loads as you want with out loosing your standing.

>I asked on two seperate phone call's what a average week would be for miles for a team and I was told they had no idea. But later when my Daughter called them she was told around 3,000 a week or more!

I'm not sure if Transtewart has many teams. I do anywhere from 2000 to 2500 miles/week normally closer to the 2500 as a solo

>They also do not pay deadhead miles, my question was with your small fleet it would seem drivers would have to drive several hundreds of miles before they could pick-up freight on a everyday basis. That as you know could really hurt your income vs payout's per week.

Yes they do pay DH over 100 miles. I use a 15% rule, but normal DH is around 50 miles

>What I was told they just under cut everybody else to get the job, at the expense of extra money not going to the drivers for a better fuel S/C or deads head miles to be paid etc. (In my opinion)

I guess when you are smaller you have to undercut the big guys (just my opinion)

>They claim they want to stay a small company to better take care of it's drivers, but are looking for as many trucks as they can get on board? (Conflict in what they are saying to recuite drivers)

Personnally i like thier dispatch they treat you like a person with a name and know me by voice. As for them trying to grow well it is a buisness and about chasing the ol-mighty-dollar.

Just like all companies it has it good and bad. What it comes down to, is it the right fit for you? After all, we are in this to make money, and have to be senceble Buisness people, when it comes down to the bottom line. If you know your cost per mile you can do well with almost any company.

I hope this answered some of your questions.

ronvais

Seasoned Expediter
I was with them for half a year. Not a bad company. Just seemed like I did favors for them alot that never get returned. Also they seem forgetful and i would have to call them twice for something. But all in all I can't complain every company has ups and downs. :)