Tracking any Custom Critical Run

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
If you ever want to track ANY Custom Critical run just go to Fedex.com and enter the run number for Fedex Freight. The Custom Critical tab for tracking is locked and you need a user name and password. Fedex Freight, you don't. Just enter the run number without the last number (1, 2 or 3) The only exception is, if the customer locks the access to the load, you will get a msg that says:
'Unfortunately we are unable to retrieve your tracking results at this time. Please try again later"

Last edited:

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I was tracking a load one time that was picked up by another driver. The plan was to cross dock the load and I would take it on to the consignee. I watched as he approached and went on by. (Digitally of course). I called dispatch to find out what was going on. After a while, they said the driver jumped in his truck and never read the QC about the transfer. So he continued merrily on. I got a dry run but CHEEZZ!!!

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
I was tracking a load one time that was picked up by another driver. The plan was to cross dock the load and I would take it on to the consignee. I watched as he approached and went on by. (Digitally of course). I called dispatch to find out what was going on. After a while, they said the driver jumped in his truck and never read the QC about the transfer. So he continued merrily on. I got a dry run but CHEEZZ!!!

That's weird. How many miles was the load? I wonder if he saw the msg on the QC and tried to see how many paid miles he could run before they stopped him to set up another transfer.

Another thing you can do in this tracking is increase the last run number digit by one number and keep adding doing that and runs will come up that you aren't even on. You can even see loads that have been called in by the customer and not yet dispatched. Sometimes loads are called far in advance by days, weeks, and sometimes months. Before the dispatch system was changed I used to see future runs and try and position myself to get one I liked if I had a less than 75. It only worked twice but was cool when it did. On one occasion I used this method to find out why I didn't get dispatched on a load, and fedexcc had to change a glitch in their dispatch software they didn't know about. The software added my last run's DH miles home and added to the run I didn't get, even though I was home for over 10 hours. CC wanted to know how I even knew about the run I didn't get. LOL