Total Choas at the FED

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
Does anybody have an inside track on what's happening at FECC. It seems like the place is like a chicken with its head missing.

Nobody answers the phone, hold times 10 min plus, Clink messages go unanswered. This is the worse I've seen in 8 years.

I used to be on the old flat rate program, now that its gone I wish it was back. Would you believe we were MORE profitable at a Buck a mile han we are at 1.25.

I don't get it. We got a 25% raise and our gross went down 35%.

Any actual insite would be appreciated. Also I don't think many trucks blew out, cuase I'm having the worst month I've had in over a year and I don't see how that would be possible if their fleet was short.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Does anybody have an inside track on what's happening at FECC. It seems like the place is like a chicken with its head missing.

Nobody answers the phone, hold times 10 min plus, Clink messages go unanswered. This is the worse I've seen in 8 years.

I used to be on the old flat rate program, now that its gone I wish it was back. Would you believe we were MORE profitable at a Buck a mile han we are at 1.25.

I don't get it. We got a 25% raise and our gross went down 35%.

Any actual insite would be appreciated. Also I don't think many trucks blew out, cuase I'm having the worst month I've had in over a year and I don't see how that would be possible if their fleet was short.

They had a great quarter.... probably partying:)

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/06/1...t-is-higher-than-expected.html?_r=0&referrer=

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
We switched to w/g in time and our surface truck is doing pretty well so far. It also has new drivers on it.

That said, the on hold times are insane! Over $100 in Canada long distance charges this last week while I was there waiting on hold for a dispatcher. That's pretty unacceptable.

Deville

Not a Member
Hold times for SE were longer then normal this week, and that's putting it mildly. Hold times for AE were about average.

Dr Phil

Rookie Expediter
Well I believe it because they have been very busy. This has been our best month actually a record grossing month for us. We are a white glove cr .
We just went over our numbers for the month so far and we could not belive how much ! So I imagine they are busy in dispatch. ..

Sent from my SPH-L900 using EO Forums mobile app

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Dr. Phil I agree I believe this has been our best month ever with FXCC pretty amazing.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Not our best month, especially considering we have been out all month. Too much sitting, and the rates (TVAL) have been crazy at times. Too many short loads offered. We may be seeing the "Can't go to Cali" effect :( or an unintended consequence of the flat rate. Somethings going on, and it ain't great :(

Sent from my SM-G900V using EO Forums mobile app

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
I don't want to be misread, considering I had tval testing and didn't start running until the 16, I'd have to say it was a great month financially. Just the hold times seem long, but if everyone else is having a good month it would explain the longer hold times.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We have not had a GOOD month for a very long time. This month has been a bit above average but no where near good. Things have been trending down for a long time.

Dr Phil

Rookie Expediter
Strange Layout, we have been trending up since the first of the year .

Sent from my SPH-L900 using EO Forums mobile app

Deville

Not a Member
So comparing my numbers from last June to this June looks like this. I did one more run this June then I did last June, BUT I did less miles this June, compared to last June, BUT I made more money this June then last June.

I should add that I took off last year from June 5th to the 11th to have the A/C in my Truck fixed and take care of a bunch of other business that I had been putting off. So maybe I would have made more last June, but It would have been with a lot more miles. So it's almost a wash.

So all and all I really can't complain. This June was pretty good for me.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
YOO Daffy why don't u get Verizon get 1500 mins in Canada for 10 buck I got it.
We switched to w/g in time and our surface truck is doing pretty well so far. It also has new drivers on it.

That said, the on hold times are insane! Over $100 in Canada long distance charges this last week while I was there waiting on hold for a dispatcher. That's pretty unacceptable.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
YOO Daffy why don't u get Verizon get 1500 mins in Canada for 10 buck I got it.

I have verizon mifi and I like them, but AT&T is in more spots across the US and I'm not in Canada enough to justify it for my cell...Yet... Maybe I will in the future.

Also, I'm locked in with a year and some months left on my AT&T contract.