total bs you said...

Wolfie62

Seasoned Expediter
A while back, I had a talk with the head customer service rep at Fedex, about the Acceptance rate policy that had just started. She told me why Fedex was doing it. I relayed that info here. Responses here was that I was full off BS. So, anyone still think that? I'll repeat what I said...WG was making 80 percent of the profit for Custom Critical. SE drivers were turning down loads and/or demanding too much per mile. Acceptance rate didnt work. So now the flat rate. Still want to say I was full of BS?? Hmmm?

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
A while back, I had a talk with the head customer service rep at Fedex, about the Acceptance rate policy that had just started. She told me why Fedex was doing it. I relayed that info here. Responses here was that I was full off BS. So, anyone still think that? I'll repeat what I said...WG was making 80 percent of the profit for Custom Critical. SE drivers were turning down loads and/or demanding too much per mile. Acceptance rate didnt work. So now the flat rate. Still want to say I was full of BS?? Hmmm?

In that same thread, you were also told that CC was the "lowest performing arm" of the Fed companies.

Considering that gem, you really didn't take it personal, did ya?

Wolfie62

Seasoned Expediter
Never had anything to do with taking anything personaly. Just that truth doesnt matter to lots of folks. CC is also by far the smallest arm of Fedex. Would you REALLY expect the smallest arm to be making more money than the other divisions? C'mon. Really?

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Never had anything to do with taking anything personaly. Just that truth doesnt matter to lots of folks. CC is also by far the smallest arm of Fedex. Would you REALLY expect the smallest arm to be making more money than the other divisions? C'mon. Really?

Not bigger money, but SIGNIFICANTLY bigger margins. In that vein, they make Freight look good.

Wolfie62

Seasoned Expediter
As I said, the problem in CC was/is SE. Very low to losing margins. WG margins were/are quite good. WG was supplementing SE, and that had to stop. ES has to be self supporting, has to pay its own way. It wasnt. Hence, the flat rate for SE, but not WG. I mean, isnt it VERY obvious?? Or have you never asked yourself why isnt WG flat rate?? Shouldnt common sense lead to a rational conclusion?

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
As I said, the problem in CC was/is SE. Very low to losing margins. WG margins were/are quite good. WG was supplementing SE, and that had to stop. ES has to be self supporting, has to pay its own way. It wasnt. Hence, the flat rate for SE, but not WG. I mean, isnt it VERY obvious?? Or have you never asked yourself why isnt WG flat rate?? Shouldnt common sense lead to a rational conclusion?

Let me ask you a question. If you had 2 large divisions under your company and you wanted to implement a massive pay change would you start with the people that are harder to replace to work all the bugs out and see if it'll work or do you start with the easiest people to replace to work all your kinks out and experiment with.

I think you asking why w/g isn't flat rate is way premature. Give it a year from when they move SE to flat rate at a minimum before ask/claim such a thing.

29GHOST

Rookie Expediter
Look at the big picture here SE is on flat rate. The rates have dropped in WG. The standard to get into WG has just got lower. The writing is on the wall WG will be going to a flat rate to Mother Fed EX is just seeing how low they can go to boost their profits. Their not worried about us were all replaceable

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
In most cases, W/G pays more than S/E. I know W/G gets low ball offers,but most W/G runs are better paying runs,so less refusals. At least that is the way things used to be. Most W/G refusals are most likely S/E runs offered to W/G units. If S/E was only making 20% of the profit it could also be because loads were being sold to cheaply. To cheap for S/E truck to make a profit. You have to remember FedEx will make a profit at any price point,all they have to do is get the truck to haul for less than they sell for. My point is, they will tell you what suits them. All Corporations want as much as they can get,and they have power over the Contractor. There is a reason they don't own trucks.

Wolfie62

Seasoned Expediter
Was waiting a while to see where this thread would go. First, I never take business personally. Learned a long time ago that to operate a business well, personal feelings have to be left behind in order to make good choices.

The whole reason for all of this was my long conversations with FedEx about the Acceptance rate policy a few months back. No one had to explain the profit situation to me, since I never asked. It was relayed to me to explain why the changes were taking place.

I only asked a rhetorical question about flat rate for WG. As long as WG makes money, they will not go to flat rate. It is a "skortched earth" policy, at best. Instead of folks looking at all the evidence, they have chosen to take what I said personally, while accusing me of doing it.

Sad, but seems that we have folks that still can't see the fores for the trees. They add 1 + 1, and say it equals 1.....because all they see are the 1s..........