Top States Expedite Owner Operators Live In

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No surprise seeing Michigan and Ohio in the top two spots but Florida number 3? I'm amazed Florida even cracked the top 10. We are talking active expedite owner/operators and not retired ones, right?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We're #1, We're #1!!! :rolleyes:

thumbnail.php

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are PROUD of them too! It took a LOT of hard work to bring them back from near extinction. It's GREAT to see them back in their full glory.
I'm told, the more fishflys you get, means the water is that much cleaner.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm told, the more fishflys you get, means the water is that much cleaner.

Yepper! They were going away mainly due to very low oxygen content. As the River and Lake Erie cleaned up, oxygen levels increased and so did the fly numbers.

NOW if we could keep people from dumping fertilizer on their lawns, same for the golf courses, we could limit algae blooms, which decrease oxygen levels. Lake Erie is very "fragile". It cleans up fast due to the massive currents that continously flush it out, but it is very shallow and is easily affect by "STUFF" that gets dumped into it.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is not nature just grand? The flies hatch right at the same time as many young birds are learning to hunt on their own. Just as many young fish are big enough to eat them. It all just works together. The flies are a major part of the life cycle of the area. It's had to believe that some people are "annoyed" by them. They want a clean, healthy, environment and then complain when they get one.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"<had to get back on topic or turtle will cry>"

(A lack of "hunkering" causes that)
:p

You know, if Turtle worked for Campbell's Soup, as a salesman, He would be "Turtle in Soupy sales"