Top 5 things you can do to make money with FED EX

FREE TO FAIL

Seasoned Expediter
1. Get a part-time job at Pilot.

2. Buy a can of aluminium polish so you can go truck to truck.

3. Park by the Plasma Center.

4. lay over at the mall with a red bucket and bell.

5. buy a taxi sign for the top of your truck, and park near airport.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
RE: Top 5 things you can do to make money with FED

FREE TO FAIL,

You've been with Fedex how long? 6 weeks maybe? Didn't you stay with your previous carrier about a month? I understand that you are FREE TO FAIL at this business, but you are also WELCOME TO SUCCEED. There are obviously quite a number of folks on this forum who are with the FED who are doing quite well. Getting to know some of these people, and how to function successfully with your carrier would be a decision that I would make as quick as possible. It's no fun to have the bills mount up while trying to learn the ropes. That possibly could have been avoided by listening to continual advice on starting instead by driving for an owner. Less pressure. If you are serious about this industry, and not just about complaints, then you have a wealth of info to avail yourself to right here by searching past threads.

Be Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

[em]"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed." --Mark Twain[/em]

greg334

Veteran Expediter

Fail to free,

I can't help but wonder why you stole this off of the bathroom wall at the pilot on I75 in Monroe?

If you are complaining after a month or so being on with the company, well what can I say??

Maybe you have been following the wrong advice, maybe?

You know you really can make a million dollars in this business?

Be patient, be diligent and remember that you have to have at least three months to say you have had a bad month.

D Team Brothers

Expert Expediter

It's all about attitude and we can all see where your coming from. Good luck in the future and Happy Hollidays!

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter

actually it made me kinda laugh.... dont forget you could install a small pizza oven and sell them for $5.00 a pop to the drivers, come to indy and i will buy one

kg

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator

Humorous, when you get time how about sharing the top ten list?

ATeam

Retired Expediter

>I understand
>that you are FREE TO FAIL at this business, but you are also
>WELCOME TO SUCCEED. There are obviously quite a number of
>folks on this forum who are with the FED who are doing quite
>well. Getting to know some of these people, and how to
>function successfully with your carrier would be a decision
>that I would make as quick as possible.

"Getting to know...how to function successfully with your carrier would be a DECISION I would make as quick as possible." (emphasis mine).

Absolutely correct! Instead of focusing your mind on cute slogans that justify failure, DECIDE to focus your mind on the things successful people focus on. In other words, learn how to see things as successful people see. Learn how to think as successful people think.

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter

Free,thats the best part of your handle,Free.It defines what you are,and how you view your life.A little personal insight from 7 years as an owner with FedEx(Free ofcourse).Critical should not descibe the situation your in,it should descibe the demand for the the type of freight your hoping to be hauling.
This company is mostly in the "kind of Critical" business these days,read general cargo LTL business.The Critical days are mostly over unless you have a big time rig with all the extras.I saw this coming and bit the bullet to stay with more traditional modes of transpotation as an employee.
All the information you need to measure the risks of this business are on this forum.Perhaps,as this forum makes it money off the success of Expediting,not it's down fall,it may be slightly slanted towards the positive.There are husband and wives teams that do very well.
Like any other company,FEDECC rewards the husband and wife teams who stay out for months on end and are always reliabale.And have made the big $ investment.
Good luck.

FREE TO FAIL

Seasoned Expediter

Somebody got it...good job!! all you other people take yourselves much to seriously... come on we all know its a tough time in the industry whoever you work for you gotta laugh or it will get to ya.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator

To me if you meant this as a funny ha ha and was not to be taken seriously it might have been better placed in the loading dock.

FREE TO FAIL

Seasoned Expediter

hey its funny in a semi serious sort of way... everyone is sick of sitting.... no money to be made that way... ps. i will move it to the loading dock when you guys move all those lame quotes you attach on the bottom of your responses........

HERE'S MINE

PRETENTIOUSNESS IS THE HALLMARK OF AN IGNORANT MAN

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
RE: Top 5 things to make money with any carrier

1. Accept 73% of the loads offered.

2. Be available a minimum of 82%.

3. Be courteous and friendly on the phone no matter how stupid the dispatcher is.

4. Be courteous and polite to the shipper and cons no matter how stupid they are.

5. Maintain your equipment in top condition.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

It amazes me how people can take a perfectly good posting and go so far out of their way to respond to who said it rather than what was said. Happens a lot around here.

Slow and steady, even in expediting, wins the race - Aesop

FREE TO FAIL

Seasoned Expediter

another party organ heard from.... what that come right out of the manual or off the website? You guys take yourselves pretty seriously for truck drivers.

Got a big break today... I latched on to a expedite dedicated route.....FOR DOMINO'S PIZZA ..... free if its not their in 15 minutes.....

greg334

Veteran Expediter

i will move it to the loading dock when you guys move all those lame quotes you attach on the bottom of your responses........

How do 'you' move it?

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Well Free to Fail you are certainly a positve assest to the EO Forums,keep up all your good and informative posts. Don't know how we got along without your input.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter

Free To Fail what you have to realize is the vast majority of people here are more than just truck drivers. They are professional business owners. This section of the site is for more serious posts whereas the loading dock is for jokes and what not. Plus with all the carierr bashing that's been going on lately I understand why people thought you were being negative.

Now regardless from where Leo got that statement from it makes sense to me. In my limited experience I learned you have to be available to get loads and take them to make money.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army

HeHe