Tolls paid online by tag number

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Seeing the post by Greg in the Landstar forums reminding me if this little problem that can get huge.

There are several toll roads in the United States that send a bill to who is registered to the tag. If the bill firsts goes to say Landstar and then through all of that mess and then finally to us there will be a penalty for paying late. How much is that going to cost you and is there anything you can do to pay online?

We had this happen to us in Denver not because of our tag but because it took us so long to get home. By the time we got home the penalty was more then the original bill.

So there are two problems of running on roads that only bill by the tag. First that a company buys the tag and the other of not going home often enough and having a fine for paying the bill late.

Any solutions to this problem?

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not sure if it is a solution, but many toll roads that are cashless will have signs so you can pay online or by phone.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You can go online to the tolling authority's website and pay the toll there. For Denver, as an example, you can go to the ExpressToll.com site and choose "pay tolls without statement" and input your license plate and state and it'll look it up. I went through there and a couple of days later just paid it online.

Reactions: Greg

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I received some letters for late payment from different locations. They claimed they sent the original bill long time ago, which actually never happened and I ended up paying 40-50 bucks for unpaid tolls from vehicles driven by drivers that were no longer working for me...