TOE Jam is great, FROG Jam is even better!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
and the peach cider is as good [but not as sweet] as Tupelo honey!
I hit the Fl/Ga gift shop, and loaded up on goodies: Toe jam is tangerine, orange, & elderberry. Frog jam is fig, raspberry, orange, & ginger [my favorite, so far], and I sure hope they sell some online, because I'm not entirely sure I'll have any left for Christmas gifts...
I haven't tried the Tupelo honey, but if it's good enough for Van Morrison, I'm sure I'll like that too.
I
REALLY need to get to Fl more often!!
;)

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Cheri, you know, you just aren't right! You know that, right? Ha! So I guess you bought these as gifts but, gosh, you have to be sure they are really good!! It sounds like maybe they aren't so sweet and that is a good thing. Now we have to try these next time we head to Florida!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Cheri the title sure got my attention! Have never tried nor seen the concoctions you write about, but will be on the look out next time we go to Florida.

Great Laugh this morning thank You Cheri

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Glad to see your trying Florida's delicacies. Don't pass up a chance to try gator next time your there. And orange bloosom honey from Indian River county (Vero Beach) is the best.

Sent from my PG06100 using EO Forums

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I've always stopped for the orange blossom honey, and it is good, but after loving the Van Morrison song [She's as sweet as] Tupelo Honey for so many years, I couldn't pass it up. The shop owner says Tupelo blossoms make sweeter honey than any other, and it's a seasonal thing - supplies are limited.
If you worry about using it only rarely, honey is the only food that never spoils - but it wouldn't be much risk in my cuisine, lol.
Gator? Um, ok - next time.
;)