to all the fedex cc whiners

FJK1954

Expert Expediter
i worked the year end pfizer project with about 65 other fedex trucks and i just couldnt believe the amount of bitching and whinining i heard about fedex cc. .... i just wish that all of them that dont like it there would quit whining and move on somewhere else....they are treating me just fine...made 1200.00 the first three days of hte new year...hope you all are off to a good start too...!!!:9 :9

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hey Rich, just check out the user pro, on fjk1954 and you will answer your won question. Hey fjk don't take this the wrong way. Wait till your around for while, you'll get sick of all the whining, or learn to turn a deafs ear.

doe.mouse

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Glad to see that you are makeing lots of money with them. I was with them a few years ago, I lasted about a year with them. I didn't whine and complain, I just left and signed on with the company I'm still with. I'm happy where I'm at. Fedx/cc just isn't for everyone. Let us know at the end of the year how you are doing. That is if you are still with them. Good luck. You will need it.

Big Scooter

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If what we are doing here with this topic is rating Fedex C/C, I would say that rating any company involves more than just whether or not you are making any money. I recently met a fellow fedex C/C driver who made the statement that all of their dispatchers are liars. I disagreed and he got adamant, insisting that they were. "Whining" can be a good indicator of how poorly someone is making their own business decisions. Blame the company? I don't think so. Each week, I meet a couple of o/o's or drivers who I know will not be able to make it through the first half of this year. A few minutes with them or a look at their vehicle will tell it all. But their attitude is the clincher. Whining helps relieve pressure I suppose but I don't really want to see drives quit or go somewhere else. I'd rather see them stick with it and do an attitude adjustment. I believe that two things make it happen for you in life or business. STYLE and ENTHUSIASM. You can get by ok with only style but enthusiasm is a must. WILD BILL has got Style. Haven't met him yet but I believe he has enthusiasm, too. Next time you meet a whiner, quietly evaluate them on their style and enthusiasm. Takt a look at yourself, first. Fedex C/C is a great opportunity to be a part of. Your success depends on your decisions,...not only those of the dispatchers. Hope I haven't offended anyone.

omalljd

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I couldn't have said it better Big Scooter! I believe that FedEx CC is a very good company with many good employees. I have had many excellent discussions with the dispatchers, safety, etc., and I find that the attitude I bring to the discussion is recipricated by the dispatchers.

Jeff

doe.mouse

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
BIG SCOOTER, Your first sentence was very interesting. When rateing a company, the final decision is whether I am makeing money or not. They can be the nicest people in the world, but if I can't make any money, it's time to move on. If you are not makeing any money, you won't be in business too long. As far as their dispatchers go, their job is to get the load covered. If you believe that they haven't lied to you from time to time, you are very naive. As far as makeing my own business decisions, That is one of the reasons I left them. Why would I accept a load that isn't going to make me any money? They get their cut off the top, and try to convince you that they really need help on this. If it didn't pay enough to begin with, why did they accept the load in the first place? Refuse a load, and they act like you just killed their first born. Like WILD Bill says, no third party systems. If everyone refused them, they would quit trying to cram them down your throat. If you are happy there, good for you. You should stay there. As for me, I decided to move on and I'm not sorry that I did. I am happy where I am now. You are right , my success depends on my decisions. I'm not willing to let them make the decisions for me. They are getting their money, and don't care if you go broke . There is always someone as naive as you waiting at the door, thinking you made bad decisions and they will show you how it's done. Then in a little while they are in the same position as you were.

Big Scooter

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hello, doe.mouse. You make some good points. I've been at this business as a driver for an owner and as an owner/operator. The main reason I responded to this topic is because all of these points are relevant to each Expeditor Company we might be leased to and because they are helpful as considerations for new folks who are wanting "the big picture". I'm not niave. I would be if I said that only Fedex Dispatchers lie to drivers. Or if I said that every Fedex Dispatcher is concerned only with covering a load. Or if I said that Fedex C/C doesn't care about the drivers, implying that it is true of every FedexC/C employee that I am in contact with. Most folks who complain about Fedex C/C make it sound just that way. I believe it is more accurate to say that many drivers and owner/operators have found it hard to make ends meet working for Fedex C/C in these times and in frustration, will site the biggest aggravations they can put their hands on while forgetting to consider the "business decisions" that are their responsibility to mention as well. Anyone should turndown TPS loads if that is their decision for their "business". I have, too. But only if that is all I am being offered. I know full well that TPS isn't only inherent in the Fedex C/C net. My wife and I try to get at least a dollar a mile but turning it down all the time isn't necessary. It only cuts your options. I know drivers who refuse to go into Canada or who refuse to go into New York city or who refuse any load that won't take them inthe direction of their home for the weekend or that is less than a 100 mile trip....etc. My point is that these business decisions limit your opportunities. That's all, but...that's a lot to consider. The company isn't always the reason for complaint. I find, listening to others as well as looking back on my mistakes, that Fedex C/C gives the opportunities. We make our own situations. :7

wolfbuilder1

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I JUST QUIT DRIVING FOR FEDEXCC TODAY 1-12-02.
WAS RUNNING TEAM AND GROSSED 2600.00 IN 3 WEEKS.
THE FIRST TWO WEEKS OF DECEMBER WE MADE 600.00 A PIECE.
SO YOU GO FIGURE HOW I FEEL ABOUT FEDEXCC!!! I WISH ALL OF
YOU THE BEST OF LUCK WITH THIS PATHETIC COMPANY.

SO LONG AND FAREWELL TO FEDEXCC AND I AM NOT WHINING
JUST THE FACTS

Hammer

Expert Expediter
Here's a FACT for you..I CONTRACTED BOTH with FED EX and ROBERTS Express.. I have friends who also contract with both.We ALWAYS monitor all actions of the B UNITS..WE ALL MADE ABOUT $32,000 AVG.yearly. WE HAVE TRIED EVERY OTHER WAY TO GENERATE ADDITION INCOME...LAYOVER-DEADHEAD BACK HOME TO SIT AND WAIT FOR FRIEGHT!! TIRED OF SITTING @ TRUCKSTOPS..NEITHER ARE ANY MORE PROFITABLE THEN THE OTHER..WE HAVE A LIFE AND WE ARE NOT THE TRUCKS WHO JUST SIT @ TRUCKSTOPS WAITING AND IT MAKES US SICK TO HERE FED EX IS BROKERING OUT FRIEGHT that delivers 18 hours and later TO COMPETITORS WHILE WE SIT AND GO BROKE..ALL 18 HOURS AND LATER DELIVERIES SHOULD MOVE THE B UNITS--- AND WE JUST SIT!! I DON'T ADVERTISE FOR.5%!!!!!!!!!!!!!TRY BUYING A BILLBOARD AD.. WE ARE TIRED OF BEING PENALIZED TO GO HOME. LAYOVERS ARE REDICULUOS(DVA) WE KEEP TRYING AND THEY JUST REFUSE TO MAKE OUR END MORE PROFITABLE!!!!!!!!!FED EX COULD TAKE-OVER AND REORGANIZE THE PROFIT GEARED TOWARDS THE COMMITTED OWNERS AND THEY JUST REFUSE..THEY ARE MAKING A FORTUNE AND WE CAN'T AFFORD TO UPGRADE TO A NEW TRUCK..WHY????????

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
Hammer,

Everything you just said is 100% correct. Fedex looks after Fedex. Just as Roberts did. They could care less about your profit and loss. Its just lip service so you will continue to be a statistic on their computer.

Why should Fedex corporate come in and change things? It would be like the winning team in a football game with a score of 50 to 0 going in their locker room at half time and think of ways they can screw up so the other team can catch up. Worse case scenario for them is they kick out all the o/o and put in their own trucks.

When you are leased to a company you are like a dog, begging for scraps. The dog owner comes out with a bowl and gives the mutts how much the owner thinks they should have and no more. You play nice, act like a good boy and wait for your bone and then when you are through with it you go up like Oliver Twist and say "Please sir, may I have another?" Its their game either you play by their rules or you pick up your football and go home crying. Its simple as that.

Logically, owning your own company, making your own freight..etc is the way for a self sufficent entrepenur to go. But with goverment regulations, competition..etc it is near impossiable. That is why I look up to Teasel. He has got the guts and brains to make it. But not everyone is like Tony.

I can see only 2 ways for the independent expediter to throw off the schakles of this modern day bondage:

1. Start an expediters co-op. The old saying "United we stand, divided we fall" Makes a lot of sense in theory. In practicality it is doubtful.

2. Start an Expediters union (Talk about pie in the sky)

Sorry I have no clear cut answers. Just hopefully some somewhat intelligent insite and just my humble opnion.