To all Load-1 Drivers & Owners

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Hey everyone,

You know John is always going out of his way to accomidate us as much as possible. I don't think any of us can count the number of things he has done for us as owners and drivers. Such as showers, new drivers facility, comchecks for drivers stuck on the road during the holidays and the list goes on and on and on and on. You get the point.

I think its time we all get together and give something back to John. Lets put our heads and dollars together and do something nice that is personal to John for John. John never thinks of himself and besides his JAG I don't know that he splurges for himself much and he deserves something.

So whether we get him a nice gift certifacte for his favorite reasturant J. Alexanders in Plymouth or a round of golf at his favorite golf course,or whatever the case something is in order. Lets hear your ideas or better yet John why not chime in with something you would like. Don't be bashfull either.

Cmon guys and gals it's time for us to give back!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Thanks guys. I like what I do, so it isn't so much like working (more of a sickness, lol).

I really appreciate the thought. It actually means more to me than the actual item.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some of us are already giving something back...

The layover pay.
It is something totally unprecedented in our business...anyone who;s been in this for any length of time knows darn well that to be reloaded almost right away is living in Lala land...

Chef, TJ and i have discussed this at length..we feel giving dispatch the first 8-12 hrs is fair...this would give them about 2 business days to find us a load at which you would collect on the second day....we understand Johns wanting to keep the pressure on dispatch...but why spoil a great program?

example...my last 2 loads were dispatched on or around the 27th hour..I would have been eligible for the 50 bucks...but i did not submit for it...
It is something small I can personally do to show co operation between carrier and contractor...it is a give and take business and we can not expect a carrier to be the one always giving and us always taking....

Thank you for reading this.....

John in all sincerity...Thank you for everything....

Last edited:

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Driving a straight with logs, the clock starts for us after a 10 hr break from delivery. I think that's fair. I usually don't ask for it unless I sit a spell and dh out. Ex: delivery on Thursday PM, sit Fri, Sat, dh KC to St Louis on Sunday. 2days layover for 250 mile Dh. Use about 85.00 in fuel plus what APU uses for 60 + hrs sitting. I think, if I remember right, I put in about 140.00 when I got to St Louis. Got a load out Mon afternoon. So net of $110 for 3.5 days is fair. IMO

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Driving a straight with logs, the clock starts for us after a 10 hr break from delivery. I think that's fair. I usually don't ask for it unless I sit a spell and dh out. Ex: delivery on Thursday PM, sit Fri, Sat, dh KC to St Louis on Sunday. 2days layover for 250 mile Dh. Use about 85.00 in fuel plus what APU uses for 60 + hrs sitting. I think, if I remember right, I put in about 140.00 when I got to St Louis. Got a load out Mon afternoon. So net of $110 for 3.5 days is fair. IMO

That sounds more then fair...ya see CV's don't have to have that 10 hrs off after a load because of not having log book.... since you are OOS for 10 you already give some back...

Maybe CV's and sprinters should be counted the same way for the Layover condition...

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
That sounds more then fair...ya see CV's don't have to have that 10 hrs off after a load because of not having log book.... since you are OOS for 10 you already give some back...

Maybe CV's and sprinters should be counted the same way for the Layover condition...

No matter how u look at it, I think it is a Fabulous program that, as far as I know, noone else is doing. It does 2 things. Makes dispatch constantly work for us and takes care of the OO/driver. Very innovative and goes to show ya John cares about us all no matter what u drive. He truly does share the wealth and wants us all to be successful. I believe the 2 day max on layover is very fair. It also makes us accountable to ourselves to manage our business.
Just dying to get back out on the road.

rfields200

Seasoned Expediter
Hey everyone,

You know John is always going out of his way to accomidate us as much as possible. I don't think any of us can count the number of things he has done for us as owners and drivers. Such as showers, new drivers facility, comchecks for drivers stuck on the road during the holidays and the list goes on and on and on and on. You get the point.

I think its time we all get together and give something back to John. Lets put our heads and dollars together and do something nice that is personal to John for John. John never thinks of himself and besides his JAG I don't know that he splurges for himself much and he deserves something.

So whether we get him a nice gift certifacte for his favorite reasturant J. Alexanders in Plymouth or a round of golf at his favorite golf course,or whatever the case something is in order. Lets hear your ideas or better yet John why not chime in with something you would like. Don't be bashfull either.

Cmon guys and gals it's time for us to give back!
count me in also

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
To be honest I have been running good enough that I have only claimed the $50.00 once since I have started...Love this place...Best Company Hands down...Now lets see if I can get outta Oregon...lol