Tires Needed!

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
Yep! Sure do! Wait til the trucker next to you beds down for the night. Be sure and check the size though, before you take them. hehehehe!

Believe or not, my local General Tire dealer can give me a better deal than any of these truck places. And if you have a Farmers Co-op, check with them.

Last edited:

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
Yep! Sure do! Wait til the trucker next to you beds down for the night. Be sure and check the size though, before you take them. hehehehe!

I think that would be a cheap SHOT wouldn't it? Les Schwab had some not too bad prices on Bridgestone - $325ish I think

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
I think that would be a cheap SHOT wouldn't it? Les Schwab had some not too bad prices on Bridgestone - $325ish I think

Cheap shot? Now didn't he say "where could he get some cheap drive tires from"?

Are those virgin rubber you mentioned? Or retards? I am not familiar with Les Schwab either. Is that a tire chain?

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
Brand spankin - mind you they were steers R250's) but I wouldn't think drives would be that much. I had a steer vibration so went in fully expecting to buy two new tires, as I recall they were going to credit my $175 each for my old 250s, which had plenty of life left in them but appeared to be out of round. Cost out the door with ICC was right around $550 so I guess maybe I was off but that is mounted/balanced with FET.

BUT, the shop was really good - first he pulled off each wheel/tire and checked it on the balancer and it showed significantly out of round. So I said lets get new ones on there and he mounted up those, put them on the balancer and still out of round. Next he put my old rubber on new wheels - out of round. After that new rubber on new wheels - still out of round. Next up on the machine was a new wheel and my old wheel sans tires. Both out of round. So brand new Accuride steel wheels (two of them) fresh from the wrapper were just as bad if not worse than my old steel wheels. So I ask what a aluminum wheel costs - $325 for polished Accurides - mounted up my old 250's on the new aluminum wheels and finally it runs true, no more vibration and only about $100 more than the new tires were going to cost, they gave me $20 credit on the old steels. I lost count of how many times the poor guy changed tires/wheels yet they only charged for the new wheels and mounting one mount fee to install my old rubber on them. Pretty good if you ask me. Oh, it was bloody cold that day too.

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
I know all about new out of round tires. Unbelievable how bad a new tire can be out of round. But the bad part is when they go out of round soon after you have them put on. They want to shave them to make them round and then you loose all that tread at your expense.

Reckon what they would have done if you weren't there watching them?

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
check with southern tire out of memphis i was pricing a set of drives 1000 for 4 gto gte gt something made in germany

guido4475

Not a Member
If you end up out in Los Angeles-there are several places that sell foreign tires.When I was out there last time I bought 10 linglong drivetires at a cost of 1,800 on the truck,balanced, out the door.they look identical to brigestone m726el's. they had 30/32 deep tread.The only difference was the name on the side, as far as I was concerened.Last set I got 350,000 miles out of them and these are wearing beautiful also.I run continental 16-ply in the steer. They handle better, and are stiffer in the sidewalls.

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
If you end up out in Los Angeles-there are several places that sell foreign tires.When I was out there last time I bought 10 linglong drivetires at a cost of 1,800 on the truck,balanced, out the door.they look identical to brigestone m726el's. they had 30/32 deep tread.The only difference was the name on the side, as far as I was concerened.Last set I got 350,000 miles out of them and these are wearing beautiful also.I run continental 16-ply in the steer. They handle better, and are stiffer in the sidewalls.

You wouldn't happen to remember the name of the place you got those from? That's exactly what we are looking for.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Not trying to sell anything here but:
set 4 11r24.5 drives on alco wheels if ya wanna switch up :D
brand new tires,, used wheels,,,, real aggrissive thread

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
Not trying to sell anything here but:
set 4 11r24.5 drives on alco wheels if ya wanna switch up :D
brand new tires,, used wheels,,,, real aggrissive thread

Thanks but we just had to put new steer tires on already so need to keep them all the same.

guido4475

Not a Member
You wouldn't happen to remember the name of the place you got those from? That's exactly what we are looking for.

I have to do some digging, but the name was something like savelo's tire in bell, ca.they were real nice people with great service.jackson tire in jackson, ga sells them also.exit 201 off of 75,west of the flying j.

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
I have to do some digging, but the name was something like savelo's tire in bell, ca.they were real nice people with great service.jackson tire in jackson, ga sells them also.exit 201 off of 75,west of the flying j.

Thanks so much guido will check that out.

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
Anyone get near the Reno,NV area and need tires there is a great place right next to the Petro truck stop. It's called Tyres International. We got 4 drive tires 22.5's heavy lug pattern mounted balanced and out the door taxes and all for $1,089.00. And the service was great too. Got us right in and right out.