Tire pressure monitoring systems

fr8hlr521

Active Expediter
Thinking about buying one of the wireless direct monitoring systems. Anyone have any advice/experience? Also curious if they work with tandem tire equalizers. Thanks?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using EO Forums mobile app

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can't help you with the equalization question but I'll comment on the system that came in my Chevy G3500. It was accurate to within 1-2 pounds with any gauge used to check the tires. After a few months I quit standing out in the heat/cold/rain/snow and just pushed the buttons on the dash to check the tires. I could check them in the PTI and again at any point along the drive. I loved them.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I've been using the Pressure Pro since 2004. Prior to that I used crossfires.
Love them both.

They can be used together.

A few years back I loaded in Ark early Friday morn. Del to Dallas and an asap load an hour or so from delivery.

It was the end of June. We were running at the speed limit and had no stops planned prior to delivery.

The Pressure Pro alerted my RRI tire had dropped from 110psi to about 97 psi.
At the first safe pull off I went directly to that tire, saw I had a very small piece of metal in it.
I had my co-driver dial the nearest tire shop on my trucker's gps, and we determined that they would get to me as soon as I pulled in.
I called my carrier to advise of delay.
Tire fixed, we delivered 8 minutes late. 7 minutes early with our 15 minute grace period.

Without the Pressure Pro we probably would have lost the tire in the June heat.
Maybe lost a fender and the pre-dispatch

The Pressure Pro saved me more than it cost that day.

If using both systems the Pressure Pro would only have told me one of the two tires RR had an issue.
The upside is it's easier to air up the two tires with the crossfire.
And save you $100 per axle on the sending units.
I buy the Pressure Pro from L&S @800-521-6820. .

Reactions: RAllensworth

fr8hlr521

Active Expediter
Great advice and I love a happy ending. That could have been a disaster. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using EO Forums mobile app