Tire inflation on 3 axle straight trucks

Kz99

New Recruit
Driver
Hello complete Newbie here,

I tried to look through older threads but haven't found anything on it.

I drive a 3 axle Western star 5700 straight struck.

I know tractor trailers can inflate their own tires using a glad hand and a tire inflation hose.

In a straight truck of this size, How can I inflate the tires myself without having to depend on a truck stops fuel island, that rarely has a working tire inflation hose?

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Mine came with a quick connection on the frame and I just bought an air hose and hook up to it.

You can buy fittings and quick connections and put them on the air tank directly, just take out one of the plugs that is not used. That is what my dad did.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr. Loyalty.

boonsdad

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Mine came with a quick connection on the frame and I just bought an air hose and hook up to it.

You can buy fittings and quick connections and put them on the air tank directly, just take out one of the plugs that is not used. That is what my dad did.

Quick connect fittings also come in handy when you need to be towed, no worries of some yahoo stripping or crossthreading the plug.

Sent from my SM-G930V using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: Mr. Loyalty.

Kz99

New Recruit
Driver

Where on the frame exactly?