Tire discounts for van tires

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Any van operators with experience on the tire discount program for vans? Thanks.

aileron

Expert Expediter
I have bought a set of tires with the FedEx discount. It was a pain though. The only tire shop that I found that participate in the michelin program is NTB. They messed up a code and charged me more than they were supposed to. After a few calls to michelin they fixed the price. Then, a month later my card was charged again with the wrong price. Michelin fixed it again.
I got tires that were costing 200 a piece for 117 a piece.
I think it was worth it even though it was a pain.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

D Team Brothers

Expert Expediter
with 5 vans Ihave a little experience with the discount. All 5 have had Michelins put on (3 D units also). The tires were purchased from both a small local dealer and a national network - no problems, excellent price, and great tires. In the beginning I had to pay attention to the directions, but once followed no problems. Would never consider buying tires anyother way - saved thousands over the years.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just checked the Michelin LTX MS2 at Discount Tire where I usually go, $190 and through the discount program $143 so definitely enough savings to be worth working for. Supposedly the Discount Tire location I'd want to use is one I could use with the discount program as well. I guess we'll know later this year.

aileron

Expert Expediter
I just checked the Michelin LTX MS2 at Discount Tire where I usually go, $190 and through the discount program $143 so definitely enough savings to be worth working for. Supposedly the Discount Tire location I'd want to use is one I could use with the discount program as well. I guess we'll know later this year.
I tried a Discount Tire shop in the Atlanta area and they told me they do not participate in the Michelin program. They might not have wanted to mess with it though.

D Team Brothers

Expert Expediter
LDB, I have those on all my vans. On my van these tires have 155,000 and I expect to easily go well over 200,000. The ride is excellent, wear is even, and the handling in all weather (especially snow) can not be beat. Jack

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have Bridgestones now with about 62k miles on them and 5/32 tread depth. At this rate I figure them for 8x-9xk miles and be replacing them later this year. I'd be happy to get 25-30% more miles out of them than these Bridgestones and if I get mileage like you're getting that will be near miraculous. My biggest hope for them is they are much quieter than these Bridgestones.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can't find the Fedex pricing on van size tires now. Discount Tire has 4 Michelin coming in this afternoon for me. When I checked a few months ago their price was $190 with the Fedex price $143. Now they are $211 so I'm guessing around $165 to us. Does anyone know where to find the pricing on van size tires now? Thanks.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OK, I found the prices and also learned there's a P metric and a heavy duty version of the same tire. We need the heavy duty version and it costs more of course. The prices are on the B2B website referred to in the documentation found on the extranet website so it's a matter of following the bouncing website.