Tips on getting into expediting with sprinter van

Driver2021

New Recruit
Researching
I'm looking to get into expediting with a sprinter i rent initially starting out. My question is. Will i make enough to cover the weekly expenses of renting a van. And are there alot of loads out there for sprinter vans

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No. Renting a van for a week or so in an emergency is one thing, but as a business model it doesn't work. The mileage fee you pay to the rental company will just about eat up your net.

There are lots of loads for Sprinter-type vans, but there are 2 or 3 times more vans out there than loads.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
When you rent you pay . monthly fee, or by the week plus mileages . Anywhere from $.10 mile and up. I would lease one. I work at Tysinger in Hampton, VA sent a pm with phone number and will try to help you out. Also was O/O for 25 years, with Roberts Express, Fedexcc, EGL/CEVA. I had four straight trucks and four sprinter vans. Now outside commercial sales

Dnola3

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I have a High Roof, extended wheel base 2020 Dodge Ram Promaster 3500 single wheel on rental contract with unlimited mileage - the only problem is I can't find any company that will contract with me to give me loads