Time to retire from the Straight Truck

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
What can I say? I have seen the light. Why deal with the stress of DOT, hours of service, high repair bills, etc.? I decided to go back to the van side of things. I found a new 2019 Sprinter in my neck of the woods, and will start vanning soon. I think this will do. Thoughts?

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yup! Good move

Though...been recommended on here before that the van purchase should not cost more than $10K. or somewhere in that neighborhood.

guido4475

Not a Member
What can I say? I have seen the light. Why deal with the stress of DOT, hours of service, high repair bills, etc.? I decided to go back to the van side of things. I found a new 2019 Sprinter in my neck of the woods, and will start vanning soon. I think this will do. Thoughts?

A smart move, unless you prefer the DOT controlling you and your income, right? Teams will be the only ones successful in straights, in my opinion.

Why a short wheelbase van? Why not a long one? The ad also states it is unavailable.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
"Why deal with the stress of DOT, hours of service, high repair bills, etc.? "

Definitely an April Fools statement. Lol.....

Reactions: FlyingVan

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Nope, not ready to hang up the staright truck keys just yet. Maybe when I retire I will get me a new Sprinter and do a run here and there for fun.

The sprinter that I linked upthread is one of the Amazon specd sprinters and somehow Mercedes of Nashville had one for sale. It was either pulled or someone bought it. I don't know why, but I like that color. But as Guido says, I would not get a 144 in wheelbase. I started my expediting career in a short sprinter and while it was doable, I would not do it again, especially after I got used to the big sleeper in my straight.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk