Time to make the........ coffee?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Funny seeing this as I'm drinking Duncan doughnuts coffee right now. As I was getting it, I was actually thinking, why does doughnuts have to be in the name? I don't eat doughnuts. Maybe I just didn't like the mental association of doughnuts with my coffee. Seems silly to change the name, but I guess I wasn't the only one thinking this, regardless of the reason

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Funny seeing this as I'm drinking Duncan doughnuts coffee right now. As I was getting it, I was actually thinking, why does doughnuts have to be in the name? I don't eat doughnuts. Maybe I just didn't like the mental association of doughnuts with my coffee. Seems silly to change the name, but I guess I wasn't the only one thinking this, regardless of the reason

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app
You must be in Duncan, SC ... right in my backyard

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: RoadTime

muttly

Veteran Expediter
What's a Dunkin? I don't like it.
Back in the day, Dunkin Donuts use to be basically just Donuts and coffee. Dunkin my donuts in my coffee. Hence the name.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
The truck stop at Mont Eagle was selling Dunkin coffee, way too much for a cup, I think 5 cups of that stuff was about 8 bucks....insane.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Back in the day. Remember those Dunkin Donuts commercials with Fred the Baker and the ever groggy and sleepy "Time to make the donuts" catch phrase? That was me. One summer in high school I wanted to expand my culinary experience and took a job from 9pm to 6am making the donuts at Dunkin. I made them all.

Nearly twice as many donuts are sold on rainy days than on sunny days. I have no idea why.

We could eat all donuts we wanted. After the first 2 weeks, I don't think I've eaten a total of a dozen donuts in all the years since then.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I hope they keep the Double D name.

I assume they are focusing on becoming the Starbucks alternative. Dunkin has coffee, free wifi & available power outlets. Plus a good number of locations are open 24 hrs. Power outlets are becoming an endangered species at McD's. Plus the food quality at McD's is atrocious. Looking forward, healthy alternatives are increasingly more popular. The word donuts doesn't really fit that narrative.

I like their coffee ... med regular coffee with cream please, no sweetener.

Fred the Baker ... haha! blast from the past ..

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Funny411-600x385.jpg